Hacking [Question] Does Henkaku opens the door for PSP/Vita iso loading?

nxtgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Piracy wont kill the vita look at the 3ds for example you can pirate games on that easily and its pretty common but Nintendo still supports that.

the_miah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ahh but that's where Nintendo & Sony differ. Sony isn't supporting the Vita properly in a fair amount of the market. The only thing keeping the Vita going is 3rd party support, if they take a hit & it's no longer profitable for them, then it's over.

Reactions: cvskid

nxtgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ahh but that's where Nintendo & Sony differ. Sony isn't supporting the Vita properly in a fair amount of the market. The only thing keeping the Vita going is 3rd party support, if they take a hit & it's no longer profitable for them, then it's over.

The Vita is dead Indie games ain't gonna cut it or save it. There's no loss if people pirate.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Piracy wont kill the vita look at the 3ds for example you can pirate games on that easily and its pretty common but Nintendo still supports that.
The 3ds is a highly successful system though, the ps vita not so much (sony's fault) so its hard to make that type of comparison. While things look bleak, the ps vita is NOT dead.

Reactions: tuxdude143

nxtgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 3ds is a highly successful system though, the ps vita not so much (sony's fault) so its hard to make that type of comparison. While things look bleak, the ps vita is NOT dead.

Ps Vita fans are keeping the Vita alive not Sony

nobitakun

Trophies
XP
Country
Totally agree. I love PSVita and I have more than 40 games (I only buy niche games, so I have plenty to choose from). I'm sure that I will end owning more than 100 PSVita games but I also would want to have a CFW to enable playing isos because I do not want to open them. All of my PSVita games are sealed and never played any of them, you can call me crazy man but that's the way I am. I do not support piracy in any way, I just love they enable iso loading in any console because then I can play the games I own without opening them (unless I buy them second hand, then I play them from the original disc/cart). If I'm too eager to play a game I buy two copies, one new and other second hand when it is cheap. So for me CFW are a must :)

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Totally agree. I love PSVita and I have more than 40 games (I only buy niche games, so I have plenty to choose from). I'm sure that I will end owning more than 100 PSVita games but I also would want to have a CFW to enable playing isos because I do not want to open them. All of my PSVita games are sealed and never played any of them, you can call me crazy man but that's the way I am. I do not support piracy in any way, I just love they enable iso loading in any console because then I can play the games I own without opening them (unless I buy them second hand, then I play them from the original disc/cart). If I'm too eager to play a game I buy two copies, one new and other second hand when it is cheap. So for me CFW are a must :)
I suggest you update yourself on what Henkaku can do now, we can now run Vita "backups" (and, just very recently, we're getting very close to PSP/PS1 backups as well).

So now you don't have to "open" your games ;)

Reactions: Abu_Senpai

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I know the point is that is now possible, but still need lot of work. :P
Game dumping has improved to a point where initial problem games work, at this point there are few games that don't work thanks to Maidumper and Vitamin updates. I've yet to run into issues with any Vitamin 2.0/Maidump games myself.

So realistically speaking, the only work that needs to be done is "optimization" of the dumping process and fixing a few problem games...which isn't really "a lot of work" when you put it into perspective of what's already been accomplished.

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse