Homebrew QUESTION: Could I use FreeShop to get a VirtualDS game, then use Haxchi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rumoredpatchwork

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This may be an already answered question, but I couldn't find it:

I'm currently in a situation where I COULD spend $6.99 to get BrainAge, but if I can, I'm going to try and avoid it. Here's my question...

If I use Freeshop to install Brain Age on my WiiU, would I then be able to use Haxchi, or do I have to have a legit copy of Brain Age to perform the exploit?

OldGnashburg

Cobra Chicken Summoner
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Honestly, I don't know how anybody can make this simpler, NO PIRATED GAMES CAN BE USED FOR HAXCHI. It boggles me to see people over and over again try to get away with injecting HAXCHI over an illegitimate title.

Reactions: IC_

KyoIsHacking

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
On wiiu.hacks.guide, the guide you should be following it clearly says:
https://wiiu.hacks.guide/get-started said:
The DS Virtual Console game must be a legitimately purchased copy of the game installed to the internal memory of your device. You cannot install this DS Virtual Console game to a USB drive.

If you want to use the DS Virtual Console method, you should purchase the game before proceeding to the next section.

STUBBY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
can u download the legit brain age on 1 wii u to a usb drive then use that drive in another wiiu without buying the game? i just bought a second wiiu and wondering if things can transfer .also is there any cool local multiplayer things u can so with 2 wii u?

STUBBY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
will there be any issues if i use the external hd on the other wii u if there is so eshop titles on it?
also if i download brain age on both wii us from the store would the external hd work for both then?

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This may be an already answered question, but I couldn't find it:

I'm currently in a situation where I COULD spend $6.99 to get BrainAge, but if I can, I'm going to try and avoid it. Here's my question...

If I use Freeshop to install Brain Age on my WiiU, would I then be able to use Haxchi, or do I have to have a legit copy of Brain Age to perform the exploit?

No, you're going to BRICK your WII U.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You cannot use one external hdd for two Wii U if that's what you were asking. When the WiiU formats it it encodes it to that Wii U only. If you put it in another Wii U you will have to format again and lose everything.

So that means no you cannot just put it on external and move it to another Wii U now I am not sure if you can buy Brain Age on one legit and download it on the other legit I think it will only allow you to download to 1 Wii U thus you'd have to purchase it twice.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: x65943 and STUBBY

CORE

3:16
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Pirate Games are not Signed so they wont run hence hack wont run.

Retal Official are Signed therefore they will Run hence the hack will Run allowing UnSigned things to Run.

Pirate Games or Injects etc have False Keys etc to make them register so they exist technically speaking and can be called but can not be loaded because they are not Officially Signed dodgy key not encrypted to be decrypted by the system results in Error so therefore your Hack has become a Brick.

BUY A GAME IT WORTH IT! IF YOU CAN WHILE YOU CAN!

Last edited by CORE,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs