ROM Hack [Question] can Pokemon Gen I/II VC Games be patched for Online trading?

Dracari

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i suppose in something similar to a Middleman that hasto run on someone's pc or something, but can it be possible to patch them for trading over the internet instead of just locally ?

(i havent honestly touched my 3DS since i went full deep w/ a modded switch, and less so w/ a DSi, (for nicer looking DS-Mode games) so i've been dead unaware on any of this since august '19. if it's allready possible or not possible (has been explored) do so reply with where (if) or why it cant (if not)

i'm aware of Poke transporter/Bank, but a friend that i wanted to start up something almost-oldschool way sorta, thier 3DS has been caught in one of the ban-waves. so while thats a valid option for me, it's not for them. and just trying to shake up than just going with the "just use retroarch" line.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It's not much that the games need patching (indeed the game-specific work of hooking the netcode was already done), but now you would need to rewrite significant parts of the emulator to communicate online - which, assuming its source doesn't leak, is not worth the effort compared to doing an equivalent job at the wireless driver level (so it could tunnel any local multiplayer title)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Were actually bots