Question can I restore my brick sysnand on my good emunand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No I mean can I used the good emunand back-up to restore my brick sysnand, since I don;t have a backup nan for sysnand
The short answer is yes. You can restore a nand backup to either emmc or emummc.

But why? What's bricked? You don't want to put a dirty nand on sysnand.

Have you tried resetting to factory defaults in maintenance mode?

1. Shut down your console.
  2. Press and hold Power + Vol Up + Vol Down until you see the Switch logo.
  3. You should be in Recovery Mode.
There are 3 options in Recovery Mode: Update System, Restore Factory Settings without Deleting Save Data, and Restore Factory Settings (do this only when all other options have been exhausted.)

Last edited by urherenow,

leosel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The short answer is yes. You can restore a nand backup to either emmc or emummc.

But why? What's bricked? You don't want to put a dirty nand on sysnand.

Have you tried resetting to factory defaults in maintenance mode?

1. Shut down your console.
  2. Press and hold Power + Vol Up + Vol Down until you see the Switch logo.
  3. You should be in Recovery Mode.
There are 3 options in Recovery Mode: Update System, Restore Factory Settings without Deleting Save Data, and Restore Factory Settings (do this only when all other options have been exhausted.)
can't go to recovery mode

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
You can as long as you extract/backup that emunand correctly then restore it using hekate.

Although be careful as if you emunand is dirty and you restore it to your sysnand, there's a risk of ban.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can as long as you extract/backup that emunand correctly then restore it using hekate.

Although be careful as if you emunand is dirty and you restore it to your sysnand, there's a risk of ban.
There is no "risk" u Def will get banned

Takokeshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
ban will only have impact if you like to play online games or patronize the eshop?
Mhm. Pretty sure you lose switch online functionality too though like cloud saves, but you can just make your own backups/restores anyway without being limited to what Nintendo says you're allowed to do.

kenlee168

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Basically a nintendo server ban, unless the ones had tonnes of purchases which no longer be allowed updates from their server.

Mhm. Pretty sure you lose switch online functionality too though like cloud saves, but you can just make your own backups/restores anyway without being limited to what Nintendo says you're allowed to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/T0X6JND.jpg