[Question] Can a system tranfer be performed between 2 consoles in different regions?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by ScarletDreamz, Dec 9, 2016.

1. ScarletDreamz
    OP

ScarletDreamz [Debug Mode]

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    Ill get soon a japense console, that i would probably softmod and change the region of it to USA, can i perform a system tranfer to another USA console? or still it wont be compatible?

2. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    There's been great difficultly locating a Japanese dsiwarehax game. Prospects do not look good for dsiware downgrading.

Wait for 33c3.

3. nechigawara

nechigawara Citizen of Gamindustri

Oct 14, 2006
    Thailand
    Planeptune
    Not sure if you can use this method of JPN 3DS: https://3ds.guide/dsiware-downgrade
    But, I think you can if you know what JPN DSiware that has the support file size.
    But both system must be the same region. So you can't do cross region transfer.

4. ScarletDreamz
    OP

ScarletDreamz [Debug Mode]

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    No no, you are getting it wrong.

The Japanese 3ds system, its on 10.4, so im not talking about that console, im talking like, let say i get another new 3ds xl, and this time a NTSC/USA console, im planing on region change the japanese 3ds to make it USA, im wondering if its possible to system tranfers from the region changed japanese new 3ds, to the new 3ds im going to purchase.

Is it possible? or does the system is still identified as a Japanese console when system transferring?

5. Daggot

Daggot GBAtemp Fan

Aug 3, 2015
    United States
    It's a question I had a few days ago when I picked up a Japanese N3DS. If it's a N3DS that has accessed the eshop even once in it's lifespan then it won't be able to access the eshop while your region doesn't match the console(something hardware tied) although online play will be possible. The only problem is that it makes it impossible to enter the eshop for the first time in order to do a system transfer. The only way you could do a system transfer on a region changed system and regain eshop use is is using the advanced guide below. I don't really know where to start to be honest considering I have no idea how to build a his code.bin using my IP address and I have no experience with yifan's tools. The upside is that the step at the end doesn't require NTR anymore because you can add the custom patches to luma.

https://gist.github.com/yifanlu/e80db121d38aceb8cca0e03cefd5853b

tl;dr it's possible but you'd be something like a trailblazer if you pulled it off considering how few have gone through with it.

Last edited by Daggot, Dec 9, 2016
  6. keyra

keyra Spoderman self proclamed fan

Dec 23, 2008
    France
    damn... i was going to ask something similar
    like region change on eu o3ds to jap > dsidowngrade on n3ds limited edtion famicom > region change to eu for o3ds + n3ds