[Question] Buying PS5 now due to the new PS4 9.00 jailbreak?

GATWYAY3.2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi community, with all this PS4 9.00 jailbreak talk I thought it would be a good idea to finally buy a PS5 now. I was told to get a PS5 4.03 or under. Would buying any retail PS5 be a safe bet it would be FW 4.03 or under ? and do you think it's worth it to buy one now or im I jumping the gun here? Because we are gonna have the PS5 slim then the PS5 Pro then the PS5 potato chip pro deluxe arcade version so should I just wait ?

Tomato123

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi community, with all this PS4 9.00 jailbreak talk I thought it would be a good idea to finally buy a PS5 now. I was told to get a PS5 4.03 or under. Would buying any retail PS5 be a safe beat it would be FW 4.03 or under ? and do you think it's worth it to buy one now or im I jumping the gun here? Because we are gonna have the PS5 slim then the PS5 Pro then the PS5 potato chip pro deluxe arcade version so should I just wait ?
It's likely that any retail PS5s are going to be on 4.50 because of how fast any old stock is bought out. You would be best off trying to go for a scalped one or buying from a second hand shop (But that has the downside that they're going to be really expensive).

GATWYAY3.2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chances are almost certain you'll be severely limited on which ps5 games will be playable.
hey godreborn, are you saying it's not worth it? I just want to avoid price gouging when the ps5 has been successfully jail-broken which many good sources say is almost certain now

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
couldn't say, because I think the ps5 exploit has been patched in the same week as the ps4 one. there were updates for both, so chances are you won't be able to play but the first year's worth of games for the ps5, when people say there are no games for the system. the only game I cared about was ratchet and clank while the other two games I have are ps4 games upgraded to ps5. you also get 20 free ps4 games if you're a part of psn+. sony just recently offered psn+ for $39.99 iirc, so it's cheap. however, that's just my take on it.

Reactions: GATWYAY3.2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.