Hardware [Question] Bricked n3ds: No blue light, no screen flashing, just charging indicator

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I tried this method and created an emuNAND, but my problem is that I don’t know how to boot nand from a microSD cart. I had a look at the discussion chain from MathewPKfan2001 but I didn’t understand anything :/

Do I have to solder again, to use this microSD cart method?

No on the soldering part. In order to boot EmuNAND, you would have to be able to boot to Luma3DS configuration when holding the (Select) button and selecting the (x) Autoboot EmuNAND option. This won't work if your n3DS motherboard indeed has a hardbrick.

luma_config.png

You PM'ed saying you need a native EUR n3DS replacement motherboard. If you don't need access to Nintendo eShop of Europe, you can region change the 3DS firmware through CTRTransfer for the German language option.

Reactions: Ofdas23

Ofdas23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No on the soldering part. In order to boot EmuNAND, you would have to be able to boot to Luma3DS configuration when holding the (Select) button and selecting the (x) Autoboot EmuNAND option. This won't work if your n3DS motherboard indeed has a hardbrick.

luma_config.png

You PM'ed saying you need a native EUR n3DS replacement motherboard. If you don't need access to Nintendo eShop of Europe, you can region change the 3DS firmware through CTRTransfer for the German language option.
Okay, thank you very much!!
I appreciate your work a lot!
Have a nice day!

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

Ofdas23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It sounds to me like something is fried or a blown fuse. Fuses are marked with "FX" where X is a number. There should be 2 of them (one for charging which is clearly not blown and one for the remaining). You can try a multimeter in continuity mode and check them (remove the battery beforehand).
Hello, I have a Multimeter now, but I am wondering on how to test the fuses. I have continuity mode on.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@TurdPooCharger Edit: I figured out!

Last edited by Ofdas23,
Reactions: TurdPooCharger

XxDario17xX

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I have the same problem but i didnt conect it to my pc or do a hardmod so i dont know why it happens and how can i fix it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P7mAPWYcgE