eternity575

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Hiya guys...
As well as surfing here, i am also surfing at psx-scene..com/wii
it seemed yesterday, they had a big DB failure and lost all of their file attachments.
Now call me crazy, but if i was a site owner, i weould have thought that making a backup of what is letft (at that point) is a good idea..
one day after (today) they are posting this message:"The site's sql database has myseriously been emptied of it's entire contents. Even a duplicate backup database is suddenly missing it's contents. We are not sure if this was a case of corrput MySQL or if we were hacked. Regardless, all of the data in PSX-SCENE's six year existence is now lost. Words cannot describe what we are feeling right now.

We are working hard to get the site back online as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, we will be starting with an almost entirely clean slate. We should be able to recover the user data but that's about it. We hope that, once the site is re-opened, you will continue to visit and help re-build PSX-SCENE & WiiNewz to their former glory."

Its a pity.. really..
I really loved that site, but why o why didnt they keep backups?

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Yes. It's very unfortunate, Wii Newz was a great website for news and info. With any luck they'll get back up on their feet.

But yes, database backups for big forums are a must
lecture.gif

eternity575

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
@ZeWarriorReturns ... ever heard of the phrase.. "if you don't have anything good to say.. just SHUT UP"?
Why do people in message boards always feel the need to "stick it to the man" regardless of the issue?
That's why flaming is so common..

Wizard298

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I am trying to get ahold of one of the admins from psx-scene can someone please give me his email, I may be of some asistance in recovering his data he lost.

SOME ONE PLEASE let me know ASAP, the longer it takes the less chance I may be able to help.

eternity575

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
rofl... ive tried figuring it out via whois, but they use godaddy proxy service, so.. nothing available.
sorry. i wish there was something i could do to help too!

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Along with GBATemp and Tehskeen, PSX-Scene was one of the sites that I would regularly visit for Wii information. A Google search for "site:Psx-scene.com" returns over 42,000 results, and a lot (if not all) have a cached version. Maybe this could be of some help, but, like Wizard298, I don't know how to contact any of the administrators. I believe "xaiNaix" has an account on GBATemp, but I'm not sure.

Wizard298

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, welll thanks for trying to help out bro.

If anyone else knows his email, please send him an email and tell him I am trying to get ahold of him.

I will try to see if he does have a user handle here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.