[Question] Blocks firmware update but NOT block the eShop (Tubehax DNS is out of question)

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by misterdarvus, Oct 27, 2015.

1. misterdarvus
    OP

misterdarvus GBAtemp Regular

May 13, 2014
    Indonesia
    Since Ninjhax 2.5 is a thing and now we can spoof the firmware, I think there's no point updating my firmware for one thing: access the eShop, since NH 2.5 do it anyway. (or more than two thing if any major update rolls)

Now I want to use the tubehax DNS not for tubehax itself, but for the sole purpose to block the fw update's nag.

Then I applied the DNS, and my expectation is right, I can't go to eShop via Hans because the DNS blocks it.

The question is, is it possible to blocks update but not block the access to eShop?

2. Tescowiec

Tescowiec Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 22, 2015
    Poland
    Install the Themehax when you have access to HBL, in order to block update nag you block nintendo servers and it's obvious you cannot access eshop while blocking nintendo servers.

3. Sachka

Sachka GBAtemp Regular

Nov 15, 2008
    France
    Lumiose City
    This is weird, I can access the eshop thru hans and I am using the DNS to block updates since tubehax came out

4. Ra1d

Ra1d GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 31, 2010
    Canada
    He meant blocking updates through the router settings I assume, using the DNS does not block the Nintendo e-Shop servers.

5. fiese_nase

fiese_nase Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 21, 2015
    Gambia, The
    ya is it possible to block the update note on the homemenu with dns on router?

6. gamerboy1995

gamerboy1995 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 20, 2011
    United States
    I'm pretty sure the settings I have work for that, but I haven't tried since the new update server apparently went online. You'll want to block
    nus.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
    nus.cdn.c.shop.nintendowifi.net

and probably the new one cbvc.cdn.nintendo.net

7. Ichigo1000

Ichigo1000 GBAtemp Fan

May 6, 2015
    United States
    Am i the only one using tubehax dns but eshop spoof still works?