Hardware Question - Are the risks lower of getting banned after the 3DS Family has been discontinued?

TheHomebrewerGuy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I recently hacked my 2DS after the new BrowserHax came out.
Though, I am still worried about one thing; will I still have a high risk of a ban?
I've listened to the precautions to take to avoid getting banned on my 2DS.
But, I'm still worried if I can get banned.
If you can answer this question, please reply.
Thank you!

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It's almost impossible to get your 3DS banned these days unless you do something very stupid like cheating in online games, changing the system certificates that let the 3DS connect to nintendo's online services, or credit card fraud. Even if you enable sending system information in the spotpass settings it's very unlikely that you'll ever get banned.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The 3DS has never been discontinued before and no one here has inside information about what's happening at Nintendo, so if you're wondering if "the risks are lower of getting banned after the 3DS Family has been discontinued", all you're going to get is wild, baseless speculation.

Certainly, no one has been banned for a very long time except by doing obvious things like credit card fraud on the eShop. In theory cheating online can also get you banned, but I'm not sure that's happened in a long time either.

If you're really that worried, why did you bother hacking it?

TheHomebrewerGuy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The 3DS has never been discontinued before and no one here has inside information about what's happening at Nintendo, so if you're wondering if "the risks are lower of getting banned after the 3DS Family has been discontinued", all you're going to get is wild, baseless speculation.

Certainly, no one has been banned for a very long time except by doing obvious things like credit card fraud on the eShop. In theory cheating online can also get you banned, but I'm not sure that's happened in a long time either.

If you're really that worried, why did you bother hacking it?
Oh. I thought it was. Also, I'm not really that worried, mostly only a little bit. I wanted to do it after I hacked all my old consoles (Wii, Wii U, DSi), as there are cool Homebrew apps on the 3DS.

It's almost impossible to get your 3DS banned these days unless you do something very stupid like cheating in online games, changing the system certificates that let the 3DS connect to nintendo's online services, or credit card fraud. Even if you enable sending system information in the spotpass settings it's very unlikely that you'll ever get banned.
Oh, alrighty. I've never had any intention to hack, so that should be fine.

Last edited by TheHomebrewerGuy,
Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Sending of system information never had any impact on getting banned anyway.

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Actually cheating on games as Mario Kart 7 or Super Smash Bros. for 3DS has been fine since last year. I've seen a lot of cheaters, I've played with cheaters and I've used cheats on 3DS and Wii U.
I doubt Nintendo is pourin' efforts in maintainin' the 3DS community cheat-less since the Switch.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hacking your system has been pretty much proven to come with next to no risks of getting banned. The old ways of getting banned won't happen because the Big N isn't releasing major titles like Pokémon games, which means no risk of getting banned from playing those online too early. Miiverse isn't a thing, so no getting banned from posting rude stuff on it. Reports have come back of people cheating online and not getting banned (would reccommend risking it though, unless you have another system to sacrifce.) The only major banwave was way back in 2016 and they've pretty much moved on sense. In short, you pretty much aren't going to get banned unless you either go back in time or literally find some means of getting Nintendo's attention to your account, which homebrew ain't it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @StatusN, welcome