Question about xgd3 burning

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by shanefromoz, Oct 29, 2011.

Oct 29, 2011

Question about xgd3 burning by shanefromoz at 1:19 AM (1,554 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. shanefromoz
    OP

Member shanefromoz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Hi,

I have a kreon dvd burner which i use to burn backups of my original xbox games :).
    I am getting a new liteon ihas324 and then will flash with software to allow xgd3 games to be run.
    But if i burn a xgd3 game now using the correct guide will it work no worries when i get my xbox 36o updated to ixtreme LT2.0?

Thanks

2. Sefi

Member Sefi GBAtemp Fan

As long as you don't care about Xbox LIVE it should work fine. I burned Rage for a friend before I got my liteon ihas124b and it worked fine for him (he's on a banned 360 with LT 2.0). Haven't tested out the new burner yet since I'm waiting for something other than the Halo Reach beta to be verified in the new XGD3 format.

3. shanefromoz
    OP

Member shanefromoz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Both the xbox 360 i will playing them in are not on live.
    Can anyone else confirm they will work ok?

4. Zaertix

Member Zaertix GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    If your old drive supports DL burns, then you are fine. Burn it with a truncated burn, not an overburn and you'll be fine if you're offline.

When going online you will want a 100% burn but offline XGD3 burns are fine if they are truncated.

I've been playing everyone online XGD3 with truncated discs so far and I'm fine. You just have to be careful and know at somepoint you will be banned so just play like it's your last day.

5. dilav

Member dilav GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    If the game have CIV check and it fails due to a truncated burn, it may get an error in the game. If you fail a check online or offline, I'm sure MS will know when you go online.

6. Vinnymac

Member Vinnymac GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Like dilav said: certain games which are truncated might not work. Forza 4 has CIV checks which would fail if the whole game wasn't burnt. Which in truncated situations it is not.

If you want a full XGD3 to play online you will need iHAS B drive, iXtreme LT MAX fw, and LT 2.0 FW on your xbox 360.