Hacking question about x-ray

Shaorin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm going on a trip so I thought I'd bring my NDS on the plane now when you go to the security check and you know how they ask you to put all electrical equipment in a small tray and it will x-ray it. Will that damage my NDS?

I'm also brining my R4 cart do you think the security checkers think my R4 be illegal?

sixb0nes

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
XRay machines are known to damage the sensitive circuitry inside most slot-1 and slot-2 flashcarts. Simply hide the cart on your person, as inside a jacket or coat, and you should be fine.

Shaorin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What about the people that scans your clothing wear would that still damage my cart that's hiding in my pocket?

tipsy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
I put my Nintendo DS and R4/microSD through the scan/xray thing and its been working the same for a week now.

Nothing should happen.
You're supposed to put your gameboys and laptops through the xray thing anyway so it should be fine.

Yes, the security checkers will know your R4 is illegal and confiscate it and report you to the FBI right away. Then you will be sentenced to jail for eighty nine years.

biggrin.gif

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
They wont know anything about your r4 being illegal and even if they did I dont think they would even say something to you, these people are looking for drugs and bombs
smile.gif

PikaPika

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They could THINK it's a bomb though. Anyone seen the story of the guy who had his IPOD CHARGER mistaken for a bomb?

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well in Australia it should be fine, on the flight back they'll probably not even know what NDSL is, so very little chance of you getting confronted because of R4.

I was travelling outside of US, and I was carrying my airbrush and air compressor, they were concerned about my compressor because it's quite big and heavy piece of electrical equipment. They asked for an airbrush, I showed them my airbrush partially covered in Lacquer and Enamel paints, they let me pass.
But you know what, inside most (if not all) airbrushes, there's a very sharp long needle, if I were a terrorist I could have killed someone and hijacked the plane. Hope no terrorists read this thread and bring in an airbrush, for then I'll have problems carrying my tools around.

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
x rays shouldn't damage flash memory, AFAIK flash memory is one of the few storage types that is completely impervious to all EM radiation. (atleast, at lowish levels, IR can kill anything at high enough levels)

as for the airbrush needle, yeah, those thinks could be quite deadly, although i think they would bend as soon as you stabbed somone with one, they are quite delicate.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Constantly on web forums complaining about how wronged they have been, instead of taking action...