Hacking Question about WiiSCU (System Channel Updater)

nintendough

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm happy with my 3.2U but I have a bunch of Wii points and wanted to download the new Final Fantasy IV game on Wii Ware. I've previously used a IOS51 + Shop Channel updated (and manually updated an IOS or two for Pikmin from the disc), but with this new fangled 4.0 menu it seems I need to update some things to get on the shop channel. I went on to Wii Brew and found this:
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/WiiSCU

I threw it onto HBC and figured I'd upgrade IOS38 (I bought Animal Crossing bundle from newegg for $35), IOS60, IOS61, and the Shop channel. Now the problem I have is that when I run WiiSCU I have options for what to upgrade and now. Specifically, for the IOSs it has "No, -trucha, +trucha" (it may have said something other than trucha, I'm not sure), but for the channels it just has yes and no options.

For what I want to do (just upgrade the bare minimum so I can play my games but keep running HBC, installing WADs, etc), what option should I choose? I figured I'd check on here before doing something stupid and irreversible. Also, this is super n00bish, but when I upgraded HBC today it gave me the option to put on something called BootMii. I've also seen PatchMii and I think HackMii, are these related apps or what?

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Install IOS61 and the Wii Shop Channel. I would recommend using "+Trucha" to put the Trucha (fakesign) bug back.

BootMii can install on boot2, so that it can hijack the bootup process at the earliest stage possible. Newer Wii systems have this bug squashed, so BootMii can also be installed as IOS254. BootMii can boot directly into the System Menu or Homebrew Channel, and backup your NAND, among other things in the future.

nintendough

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so BootMii sounds like a good idea. As far as the IOSs I listed, I thought both IOS60 AND IOS61 were required for the Shop Channel? Also, is IOS38 required for Animal Crossing (comes on the disc) or is that another one?

Either way, whenever I install it I'll chose +traucha (I didn't know that was the term for the fakesigning bug).

nintendough

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so the shop channel and everything works, but when I put Animal Crossing in it shows up as "System Menu Update". I'm fairly certain I pulled the IOS-38-v64-whatever before and installed it. Is there something I need to do so I can load it straight form the disc channel instead of having to go into the HBC and then boot up via Disc Loader?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans