Question about wiikey audio stream prob

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by georaldc, May 19, 2007.

May 19, 2007
  1. georaldc
    OP

Newcomer georaldc Advanced Member

Philippines
    Is there a temp fix for the wiikey to play GC games with audio streaming? I've been waiting for the update to come out and lol, I dunno when the wiikey team are ever going to release it.

Its because I've been wanting to play eternal darkness for a long time already and it either always hangs at the beginning with the guy narrating some text onscreen, or (if I'm lucky and reach the title screen) after the battle with those skeletons at the beginning. I'm guessing this has something to do with audio streaming?

2. sekhu

Member sekhu moo?

United Kingdom
    temp fix? There is no temp fix for the wiikey. Have to wait for the update and hope it includes a fix for the audiofix (the streaming). if it doesn't then it might be worth getting a wiinja deluxe or cyclowiz updated with the latest update

3. georaldc
    OP

Philippines
    Oh, I was hoping a temp fix like patching the iso or something like that to circumvent the problem existed

4. pandas0nic

Member pandas0nic GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    use make-multi v3 ... it atleast makes some more audio streaming games work that didnt work before, amongst other nice things..

"whatsnew:
    ** v3 **
    - Audio Streaming games now work.
    - Fixed up regions for all modchips (Autodetect works now)
    - Fixed up syntax on the .exe"

5. sekhu

Member sekhu moo?

United Kingdom
    I've tried Makemultiv3 with games that require audio fix to play correctly. They will load, but when it comes to streaming it crashes. I don't know of any game requiring audio fix working on a pal wii with wiikey.

6. georaldc
    OP

Philippines
    Yeah, tried makemulti 2 times already, all the games would boot, but those that used audio streaming would either have most of the audio cut (starfox adventures) or the game would just give an error (eternal darkness).

How about fstfix, would that fix the audio streaming? I ran out of blanks today so I can't try it right now.

7. dohclude

Member dohclude GBAtemp Fan

United States
    makemulti never really worked for gc audio streaming for me either. Guess we will all have to wait a little longer for wiikey to release the update... [​IMG]

8. EarthBound

Member EarthBound a/s/l?

United States
    Update delays

Quite a few people have contacted us and expressed disappointment over that the update has not been released yet. We would like to apologize for this. Please bear in mind that development work always take time, and we are will post the update as soon as it is delivered to s by the developers.

Atleast they posted something lol....