Gaming Question about Wii U gamepad controls on Wii Games

joepassive

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
If Nintendo let's us use the GAMEPAD controls on Wii Games
We still wouldn't be able to do all these movement with the GAMEPAD by itself, right?

D

Dork

The Gamepad can't be used to control Wii games. If you're playing Wii games on the Gamepad screen you still need a separate Wii remote.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Should Nintendo ever allow the GamePad to control Wii titles, then I believe it would work in some sort of classic Controller like fashion, where it only takes the input of the buttons and not the gyroscope. Just wouldn't make sense waving the GamePad around. If you've ever played Nintendo Land, you know you can tilt the camera angle by tilting the GamePad itself. I've always felt that to be very gimmicky, but cool only for the first time. I far prefer using the right analog stick in Nintendo Land to control the camera angle. I'm sure most would agree.

Chiodo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should Nintendo ever allow the GamePad to control Wii titles, then I believe it would work in some sort of classic Controller like fashion, where it only takes the input of the buttons and not the gyroscope. Just wouldn't make sense waving the GamePad around. If you've ever played Nintendo Land, you know you can tilt the camera angle by tilting the GamePad itself. I've always felt that to be very gimmicky, but cool only for the first time. I far prefer using the right analog stick in Nintendo Land to control the camera angle. I'm sure most would agree.

I really want to play fire emblem from the game pad.

sion_zaphod

Ex-Galactic President; confidence trickster; etc
Trophies
XP
Country
The controls could be imitated using the stylus and touch screen combined with button presses (sort of like when you point the wiimote at the screen and press A). Waving actions could be imitated by moving the stylus around. Wouldn't want to play Just Dance with it though :) (although it would be funny to watch)

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Well, if we're speaking hypothetically (and we are) after letting the gamepad controls become visible to the IOS in vWii mode, since it would already take a lot of hacky translation in the IOS to get a Wii game to think that the gamepad's controls were really a classic controller/wiimote/nunchuck/pointer/drawing pad/whatever ... it seems technically possible (although extremely uncomfortable for the user in many cases and definitely a LOT or work for Nintendo to put it in practice).

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
It's possible that Nintendo's going to make the GamePad work for the controller-based games though as for the motion games perhaps it could work with the stylus somehow?

Almost all games that I like of Wii's library are used with a controller, it was a selective choice of games I did I didn't go out and buy shovelware crap even if they cost next to nothing.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a moot point. Nintendo is not going to waste time making the vWii compatible with the gamepad controller's wifi transmitter. If they were going to do anything (and I don't really think they will) it would be making the Wii U Pro controller vWii compatible (treated like a CC/CCpro).

If you really insist on holding your breath, do it hoping hackers will make it possible, not Nintendo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: