Homebrew Question Question about wifi/internet connection

Slim45

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I hope this is the right place to post this.
I have a switch runnin reinx on 4.1.0 i have nsp's installed. is there any homebrew app that allows me to control my outgoing info from the switch? and just allow it to remain on the local wifi without attempting to connect online? basically i wanna set up a ftp server for moving files across from my laptop to the switch. cause if i connect online high chance of me getting banned

Reactions: moustalgie

Darkrai27

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
If you don't connect your switch online you are imposing yourself a ban, and if you did something that Nintendo doesn't like you will get a ban when you connect online again, so why are you trying to avoid your switch of being connected to the internet?

Reactions: Slim45

xYuunax

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I hope this is the right place to post this.
I have a switch runnin reinx on 4.1.0 i have nsp's installed. is there any homebrew app that allows me to control my outgoing info from the switch? and just allow it to remain on the local wifi without attempting to connect online? basically i wanna set up a ftp server for moving files across from my laptop to the switch. cause if i connect online high chance of me getting banned

Why not add a firewall rule to block internet access on your router. (Block by mac or IP)

moustalgie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
Since i can't post any link cause i am new, look for a thread called "yaDNS-NX"
I followed these steps, and it is working effing great for me. All the nintendo servers are blocked, your switch can't discuss with nintendo servers. you can then enjoy Switch homebrew appstore, freeshop and others.

philo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
neat.. that "looks" like what I'm after if I can figure out how to set it up lol.. just wanted to be able to move files to/from the sd card via the FTP server without having the switch access internet..

moustalgie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
neat.. that "looks" like what I'm after if I can figure out how to set it up lol.. just wanted to be able to move files to/from the sd card via the FTP server without having the switch access internet..
that's exactly what it will let you do. And for your notice, i m noob, and if i did it, anybody can as well

Slim45

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you don't connect your switch online you are imposing yourself a ban, and if you did something that Nintendo doesn't like you will get a ban when you connect online again, so why are you trying to avoid your switch of being connected to the internet?
i've done "lots" that Tendo sama won't like but I also like the option of being able to go online with my legit games... just exploring options if that's possible. But what i'm mainly looking for is local wifi without connecting to ninty servers since I cant access the router settings....locked by the it department

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Why not add a firewall rule to block internet access on your router. (Block by mac or IP)
I only have user access to the router cant made any modifications

Since i can't post any link cause i am new, look for a thread called "yaDNS-NX"
I followed these steps, and it is working effing great for me. All the nintendo servers are blocked, your switch can't discuss with nintendo servers. you can then enjoy Switch homebrew appstore, freeshop and others.
thanks ...ill have a look sound like exactly what i'm looking for

that's exactly what it will let you do. And for your notice, i m noob, and if i did it, anybody can as well
well "noob" you helped me :P

Reactions: moustalgie

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame: