Homebrew Question about using different SD cards

Curtis Lister

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello there, I recently got Homebrew on my O3DS 10.5 and it works great! But I have a N3DS XL and want to mess around on aMH Generations Character Editor. Since the game saves to the SD can I use the basic save reader on the Homebrew launcher? And because it is on a different SD card, can I copy and paste the files from the old SD card onto the new one to get access to the save manager, or do I need to run the whole process again on the different SD. Sorry for the dumb question, I just think this is the best place to get this sort of info.

Thanks for helping and have a wonderful day!

~Curtis

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Curtis Lister

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes you can just copy the files. You only need to do any more if you have CFW and are using an emuNAND.
Awesome! Just to clearify so i dont mess up my good SD card, I can just copy the installed files (save manager, citra, etc) to the new SD, put it into my homebrewed 3DS, with MH Generations and the save on the SD, go to the savemanager and then get the proper file? Super sorry about the this, I just dont want to somehow lose my save data since I have put a lot of time into it, thanks :)

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Awesome! Just to clearify so i dont mess up my good SD card, I can just copy the installed files (save manager, citra, etc) to the new SD, put it into my homebrewed 3DS, with MH Generations and the save on the SD, go to the savemanager and then get the proper file? Super sorry about the this, I just dont want to somehow lose my save data since I have put a lot of time into it, thanks :)

I don't really understand what you mean, but if you copy all files to a new SD card it will behave the same as the old one in the same console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)