kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
All right - so this morning I was trying to import a few images into some NCBR files. I'm translating the character names in Naruto Shippuuden Shinobi Retsuden II into English [yeah, I know there's a translation patch out - I'm doing this for practice because it's official Nintendo files and IMO the easiest to edit], and I figured it's just as easy as importing it, right?

...I guess not? >_>

So I have my file open.
19371725.png

I open the Import menu, and import my image. It's got the proper palette - 18 colors, just like the original file, placed exactly like the original Japanese one (in fact, I exported that image and modified that!)

I place it over the image, and all looks dandy and fine.

47502046.png

But once I double click or hit Enter, it disappears! D:
19371725.png

I have a feeling there's an incredibly simple answer here that I'm overlooking and that a gorilla could figure this out, but...
yeah, I'm stuck and it's getting quite frustrating. Some help on what I'm doing wrong would be most appreciated.
Furthermore, what's the point of implementing the option of importing images if they don't work ;_;

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I havent used CrystalTile2 to do image editing/replacing, but its possibly similar to TileMolester.
After you paste the new image on top, you have to 'drop' it into place. If you just leave it as-is, it doesn't save. Try clicking another tool or somewhere else on the image.

Mirlaine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I change images this way:

1) Import the image.
2) Double-click it.
3) Save the *.nds.
4) Close crystal file.

...and it works just fine.

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Make sure you have the LATEST version of crystaltile2. Some of the previous versions' image import didn't work, so I was using the April 18th 2008 version until wannya released an update, which now seems to work correctly.

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Purses said:
Noitora said:
The game came out in Europe just a few days ago.

He knows, he was doing it for practice...

Yeah - pretty much this. That and...I don't know, Ninja Destiny II? The mechanics are totally different and there's completely different characters. Shinobi Retsuden II was awesome, because in the story mode the characters felt a little more balanced out - but Ninja Destiny II just feels too rushed. It's ND1 characters and chakra charging with the ND2 storyline [...which was heavily modified, but still the same engine] and UI - so most of the Story Mode battles are reduced to L B B B, L B B B repeat.
[also I'm saying all this as someone who's a fan of the Naruto games, not a full-out narutard lol]

But I took some of the files from the European game and put them in this one and saved myself some hours.

Personally it was something I wanted to do for a long time (long before I joined GBAtemp and moreso when Shinobi Retsuden II came out) but I really didn't have the time to do it or learn how. I was working on nice UI graphics and all but then I just said "Ah screw it they'll release it sooner or later with their cool custom font from ND1" and this weekend, they did. So I've been mostly copying and pasting the Euro files into the game lol.
However some of the files just don't fit together (levels were both added AND omitted from ND2, so the Quest mode character select and the map select are totally screwed up)
and TBH I'm not really a big fan of the translation posted on GBAtemp [sorry ): though TBH, I am a big fan of your work on many other games Noitora]
so yeah, I just decided to do this one out of curiosity and since the game's 80% graphics I figured "hell, why not"

dead honestly, though - I started with all this BEFORE I knew about the GBAtemp translation (which tells me that I should lurk more :/), but I was so into translating it myself with the copying-and-pasting that I just figured I'd keep going because it's sort of fun

But yeah I'm just going nuts being it's the first DS game I actually ...did some sort of hacking with. I used to rip a lot of sprites and textures and whatnot, so I'm just kinda proud of myself.

XKiwiX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello
smile.gif

I have a Problem, too.
The original Title-Image (Ingame):
originalj.jpg

And this is my import Image (ingame) I import the same image, only to test it:
changed.jpg

What I do wrong
unsure.gif
?
sorry for my english (my native language is german)

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bumping my old topic to ask a noobier question.

I know there's an SNES/Genesis/GBA/multi-system tile editor that can load palettes from tiles.
A lot of DS games still do this.

Does CrystalTile2 support this function (loading palettes from a single tile)? And if not, is there another tile editor I can use that'll let me obtain the palette, export it and use it in CrystalTile2?

I'm trying my hand at a new game and it'd be nice if I could do this function; that way life would be a lot easier. :/

EDIT: If you're curious, it's ANOTHER Naruto game. It'll be translated in about a year or two, but hey; I just wanna have fun ):
Draglade 2 uses the same system for palettes, so figuring this out kills two birds with one stone :]

snnd6poc.png

I tried going with a palette I guessed, and it kinda blew up in my face. ):
[and hey shut up about the name, this was just proof of concept, I'll redo it when I can, and rename it to "Sakura Impact"]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte