Hacking Question about using a flash card alongside AR DS

Goofy Time

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, first off, I do not know is this belongs here. If not, move it kindly for me please.

Now, what I wanted to know was this; I plan on getting a flash card. So, there are a few things I wanted to know. Mainly if it works alongside the Action Replay DS. To explain what I mean I'll try to make it a bit clear.

When you use the AR DS, it tells you right off the bat to insert the game cart, to read what game cart it is, so you can select codes for that game. From what I know, using a flash card wouldn't work, as it takes you to a different menu, where it holds games. So, is there any way of getting the AR DS to read a game from any flash card without trouble? Or am I bluntly, shit out of luck?

Also, what kind of flash card could I use without altering the DS, and yet run it from the DS slot?

mcbey

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bluntly, your shit out of luck with using the AR DS and a flach cart.

Get a R4. Perfect compatibility. No need to alter DS.
smile.gif

Goofy Time

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dammit, I was hoping and praying that wasn't the case :/

I was considering getting a M3 simply, as someone I know suggested that. Would that work with the AR DS?

He also mentioned getting a MicroSD...but I know very little on the side of DS flash cards, so I'm totally confused.

mcbey

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nope. Only devices that work with the only cheat code system is EZ-FLASH or USBLine. Or any slot-1 device in conjunctiion with one of these.

If you really want to cheat go buy the game!

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dammit, I was hoping and praying that wasn't the case :/

I was considering getting a M3 simply, as someone I know suggested that. Would that work with the AR DS?

He also mentioned getting a MicroSD...but I know very little on the side of DS flash cards, so I'm totally confused.
M3 Simply is the same as R4.
There are currently no flashcarts supporting Action Replay. M3 Real is rumored to be supporting Action Replay though with it's mimic mode, so you might wanna wait for that if cheating is that important to you...

Goofy Time

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mimic mode? Whats that?

It would also suffice if any flash cards support a cheat code function, as that would more or less be the same as the AR DS.

http://www.realhotstuff.com/supercard-sand...sold-p-171.html

This supposedly supports it or at least offers the same thing with cheat codes...but as I know almost next to nothing on the DS card side, I don't know if me buying that is a waste.

Goofy Time

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do I need to flash my DS or anything for that?

I just want to run down a list, just to make sure whatever you suggest supports what I want.

- Works on a DS Lite
- Doesn't have to have me modify the system in ANY WAY.
- Supports a possible cheat function
- Uses the DS Slot/Slot-1

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing I bought and use my AR for is as a Passme device for my SCminiSD. (hold select as I power on the DS so it boots the SC in DS mode to run DS games)
I never actually used the AR for the cheat device that it is, as funny as that may sound. Wasn't why I bought it.
wink.gif

I didn't want to order a Superkey online since the next online purchase I plan on is a SCDSone, which already has a Superkey built into it. The AR was the cheapest alternative to that for now that I could find locally.

I don't think there is any way to use it as a cheat cart for any slot 1 flashcart though. The AR wants a REAL game cart inserted so you can add cheats to it....that's what it's looking for when it tells you to yank it and put in a game. A flashcart isn't going to show the AR what it wants to see immediately upon inserting the flashcart, so I don't believe it will work.

Since I currently don't have a slot 1 flashcart, I can't confirm this, but that is what I figure you'll find about it.

Goofy Time

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well...now that I think about it, it doesn't bother me if I have to use the GBA slot/slot 2. I just don't wish to have things sticking out ruining the slickness of the system.

But I assume any slot 2 flashcart has to have the system flashed in general.

ARGH, I'm so confused T.T

Goofy Time

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, excuse the double post here but uhm...if possible, can someone help me find a way to get a specific flash card/SD card/SD Card writer?

I donno what flash card I want yet...but I would like which best choices there would be for the latter two requests. And maybe...links to where I can order them online?

Unless asking for that stuff isn't allowed. I honestly have nothing to get started on the flash cart scene, not even my DS Lite yet
tongue.gif

magikalfly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You know what would be better than this so called "mimic mode?" If the M3 Real had support for cheats built in. And not Action Replay support but Codebreaker support.

Goofy Time

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bumpo for help, should I get the ESV one?

How does it work? Does it work like M3, etc.

go and ask this person he made a gameshark program for his flashcart.

http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?t=8662

as of right now he only made it work on slot 2 flashcarts so ask here.

Heh, I haven't been here in a while, but here goes a question.

What flashcarts does specifically work on, and which one would be the best overall choice?

dbgtdob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you are strapped for cash get a ez flash V expansion kit, its a slot 2 card, that lets you use dipstar on any slot 1 flash cart (does not work on ones without dldi support dslinker,express card, N-card etc..., since its homebrew and those cards dont do most homebrew), but if you are asking which slot 2 flash carts it works on, then only M3 and G6, unless you get a GBA flash cart since the older ones support it. (no slot 1 flash cart can run it by itself)

Goofy Time

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are the things you mentioned? dldi support dslinker, etc.

Because I have no clue to what they are. All I know really are what the Slot's are, and the overall idea of homebrew.

Beyond that I am totally clueless, lost, and confused.

And uh..I just want whatever I need to to run dipstar or any cheat device on a DS Lite. That's really it. I'd like the best choice regardless of price.

CooLAciD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
um... one thing here... in the latest update of the m3 simply and the r4 they added a built in AR code funtion that uses the actual
ar codes. here is the link to the forum discussing how to use it

Goofy Time

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, thats good.

But to clarify here, I would like a flashcart that:

A: can play DS games
B: run any form of cheat device
C: Possibly support GBA games

The R4 does all of this right? Is there anything beyond the R4 I need to get it to work? Like, do I need to get those Passme's and stuff besides the R4?

Answers and maybe links to the stuff of where I can buy it would be wonderful..>_>

dbgtdob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, thats good.

But to clarify here, I would like a flashcart that:

A: can play DS games
B: run any form of cheat device
C: Possibly support GBA games

The R4 does all of this right? Is there anything beyond the R4 I need to get it to work? Like, do I need to get those Passme's and stuff besides the R4?

Answers and maybe links to the stuff of where I can buy it would be wonderful..>_>

no flash cart supports action replay or code breaker, but R4 and M3 simply,Ninja DS support action replay codes although you will need to enter them in by hand off the action replay website which is really easy, but the R4 does not support gba games, you will need to buy a slot 2 device, the R4 with a 1gb micro sd is really cheap only $45 after shipping.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1459

this deal on R4 comes with everything you need to use it out of the box, software cd, micro sd card, micro sd card reader, just put the micro into into the card reader and plug it into your computer put the firmware on the card, then just click and drag the games from your pc onto the card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.