Homebrew Question Question about upgrading SD cards

dibiase

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have had a 64GB microSD exFAT in my switch and recently purchased a 256GB microSD. My switch is running CFW Xecutor 1.6 and i have the pro dongle. My previous research lead me to take the steps of upgrading as 1) copy everything from 64 SD to comp 2) format new SD in Switch 3) copy over everything from comp to new 256GB SD EXCEPT whatever files they shared, in this case my instructions were to keep those previous files from the 64GB onto the new 256GB. After this i popped the new card in and everything fired up as regular the first game on my switch had a funny symbol next to the name of the game. After trying to open it i got a message saying "necessary files need to download". So my dilemma is I'm on airplane mode to avoid being banned. Any advice on what I should do? Should I have transferred every file from the original over to the new one?

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Should have used a copy program with crc validation like teracopy or ultracopy or total commander. I find thing get corrupt often, most likely this has happened to you. Or your card is fake.

dibiase

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea the card is as legit as any other i've purchased. got it from amazon. i've bought a fake from ebay before andit looked terrible and didnt even fit in a proper micro sd slot. i dont think its the card.

dibiase

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After trying the process again and copying every file over to the new SD it worked. That simple. I saw posted other forums and discord about having re-install all NSP files on new card but that didnt seem to be a thing i needed to do. So this case is closed, simple copy everything over. Thank You

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse