Hacking Question about updating to 4.3 and keeping my data.

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the firmware 4.3U WAN on but I heard it is dangerous and I should uninstall it via the app itself right? It takes up 600 blocks and I am wondering if I uninstall it will I get my blocks back? Also need to un-install the Wii Shop Channel WAD or the NUS auto updater if it is safe.

Anyways my question is if I update to the OFFICIAL 4.3, will I lose priiloader and CIOS 249 permanently or can I retrieve it somehow? Please link on which specific download versions I should use since 4.3 kills everything from what I have heard and version is specific for each updater you have. My Wii really is screwed up from all of this hacking but not bricked yet. I want to clean my Wii up too and I don't understand WHY Nintendo will not allow us to copy Wi-Fi games to the SD card normally. They haven't even given a technical reason for it. So this makes 249 mandatory so I CAN copy it. I want to update so I can start shopping on the Wii Shop Channel but it says I haev other things in the way and that I can't update.

What do you think the best option is? I want to buy Wii Ware games and the like. Also holiday season is coming up which means great VC games will be released so I need to make sure the shop channel is up and ready to update at all times.

My PM has been revoked so I can't use that atm. Message me here and I will try and post as LEAST as possible. Or log onto MSN or yahoo or AIM and message me if you have them. I have not touched my Wii for a month and need to update a few appliactions.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Basicly it's simple, if you have the HBC on the latest version (and only if it's really on the latest version):

Update via Menu -> Run IOS236-Installer -> Remove Stubs (249/250) with DOP-Mii Wiibrew-Edition -> Install cIOSes again.

Though this probably won't work, Wanins-Updater are crap and far away from clean, so if you want a clean Wii, I, for my part, would install every IOS with DOP-Mii Wiibrew-Edition, update all Channels, and then install the Systemmenu 4.3. Dang, clean Wii (IOS/Menu/Channel at least). Be shure that you have BootMii as Boot v2 ready, and a Backup, read carefully, and everything at your own risk. After that, you can use the above directions to install the cIOS again, and install the latest Priiloader (which should also have a Hack for copy protected saves to the sd, so no IOS249 required).

Or, if that's still to complicated for you, have a look at ModMii. I'm shure that app is able to help you...

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This sounds complicated. Could you please help me via Yahoo or AIM? Yahoo is smashdude73 and AIM is weiddude. Can't PM had it revoked for a lame reason. I really don't want to brick my Wii and even non-Homberew owners are claiming that their system memory is getting corrupted by this official updater.

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you could please, link me the downloads I need to use adn the order I am supposed to download them so I won't use teh wrong verisons and won't brick my Wii.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Blue-K said:
Basicly it's simple, if you have the HBC on the latest version (and only if it's really on the latest version):actually v1.0.7 or 1.0.8 should both survive the update

Update via Menu -> Run IOS236-Installer -> Remove Stubs (249/250) with DOP-Mii Wiibrew-Edition -> Install cIOSes again.

no need to remove stubs, the IOS236 that is installed when using the IOS236 Installer has the version patch, allowing your to downgrade/overwrite those stubs

...snip...

Or, if that's still to complicated for you, have a look at ModMii. I'm shure that app is able to help you...
probably the easiest and fastest way too
biggrin.gif

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have and that almost BRICKED my Wii. Is 4.3 official bad or noit? XFLAK if you could kindly do sir please message me not on PM but one of my messengers. Skype is brawldude too. I am needing help on getting rid of WAN because I can't update the Shop Channel that way. I need your help. I have Mod Mii installed too.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just update to 4.3 with Dop-Mii Wiibrew Edition and you wont even have to redo your softmod I can confirm this since i have updated by this app.

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But then how do I undo WAN? I want to get rid of WAN too. I want to be on 4.3U with everything and a downgrader ready when appropriate because 4.3 kills everything so if my Homeberw screws up, then I will need to downgrade to 4.2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol