Question about updating to 4.1 on modded/HBC system

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by DMC23, Sep 30, 2009.

1. DMC23
    OP

Newcomer DMC23 Member

United States
    My system is currently at 4.0U with all the modified cIOS (last game I tried was Dead Space Extraction Pal and it worked fine). I have the software to safely update to 4.1U, but haven't so far since I didn't see the need. However, when reading the 4.2 system update thesis 8-) today, someone wrote that 4.1 added WiiMotion+. Well, I have a Motion+ and I assumed it was working just fine for Tiger Woods and NHL 2K10. Do you have to have 4.1 to use all the features of Motion+ games? If there any reason to go from 4.0U to 4.1U? Thanks for any help you can provide in advance.

2. illinialex24

Member illinialex24 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    No, you don't need to update as long as you updated the IOS's properly.

3. xzxero

Member xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

United States
    i dont have a motion +, but im sure you can use it on most firmware's, it just depends on what versions of your IOS are at.

4. sbygel

Newcomer sbygel Member

United States
    If you can play the Motion plus games you are fine, since the "plus"-feature is only supported by the code in the games and not the console itself or something around those lines. Anyway if the games play you will be able to use the Motion plus.

5. Ssseth

Member Ssseth GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I'm on 3.2U and the Wii MotionPlus attachments work for me in Wii Sports Resort and Tiger Woods 2010 so it's not menu related.

6. DMC23
    OP

Newcomer DMC23 Member

United States
    Thanks to everyone for their replies. I was hoping I was going crazy LOL, Tiger Woods controlled so much better with the motion+. I am just going to stay at 4.0U til I have no other choice.

7. Ssseth

Member Ssseth GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Good call. I'm sticking with 3.2U until I have to change as well. Call me old fashioned but if it aint' broke, don't fix it! [​IMG]