Hacking Question about updating to 4.1 on modded/HBC system

DMC23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My system is currently at 4.0U with all the modified cIOS (last game I tried was Dead Space Extraction Pal and it worked fine). I have the software to safely update to 4.1U, but haven't so far since I didn't see the need. However, when reading the 4.2 system update thesis 8-) today, someone wrote that 4.1 added WiiMotion+. Well, I have a Motion+ and I assumed it was working just fine for Tiger Woods and NHL 2K10. Do you have to have 4.1 to use all the features of Motion+ games? If there any reason to go from 4.0U to 4.1U? Thanks for any help you can provide in advance.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DMC23 said:
My system is currently at 4.0U with all the modified cIOS (last game I tried was Dead Space Extraction Pal and it worked fine). I have the software to safely update to 4.1U, but haven't so far since I didn't see the need. However, when reading the 4.2 system update thesis 8-) today, someone wrote that 4.1 added WiiMotion+. Well, I have a Motion+ and I assumed it was working just fine for Tiger Woods and NHL 2K10. Do you have to have 4.1 to use all the features of Motion+ games? If there any reason to go from 4.0U to 4.1U? Thanks for any help you can provide in advance.
i dont have a motion +, but im sure you can use it on most firmware's, it just depends on what versions of your IOS are at.

sbygel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can play the Motion plus games you are fine, since the "plus"-feature is only supported by the code in the games and not the console itself or something around those lines. Anyway if the games play you will be able to use the Motion plus.

Ssseth

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm on 3.2U and the Wii MotionPlus attachments work for me in Wii Sports Resort and Tiger Woods 2010 so it's not menu related.

DMC23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks to everyone for their replies. I was hoping I was going crazy LOL, Tiger Woods controlled so much better with the motion+. I am just going to stay at 4.0U til I have no other choice.

Ssseth

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
DMC23 said:
Thanks to everyone for their replies. I was hoping I was going crazy LOL, Tiger Woods controlled so much better with the motion+. I am just going to stay at 4.0U til I have no other choice.
Good call. I'm sticking with 3.2U until I have to change as well. Call me old fashioned but if it aint' broke, don't fix it!
rolleyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol