Hacking Question about updating firmware from game cart

Caleb Metzger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so hypothetically if I wanted to update to firmware version 6.0 and I was cdn banned could I just rent a game that requires 6.0 firmware and install the update from the cart in OFW? I’ve looked into Choi Dujour but it seems very complex and I’m not concerned about fuses. Thanks for any info you can provide guys!

blaze5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would guess an offline cart update while banned would work at least with the latest firmware (could change with future firmwares), but I'm not sure on it though. It'll still probably be a little while before you start seeing carts with 6.0.0 since the firmware hasn't been officially released yet and generally lags a little. Even if you can't update from a cart while banned, ChoiDujour or similar methods should always work (maybe with some firmware specific tweaks and patches the standard homebrew stuff for firmware updates).

magico29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so hypothetically if I wanted to update to firmware version 6.0 and I was cdn banned could I just rent a game that requires 6.0 firmware and install the update from the cart in OFW? I’ve looked into Choi Dujour but it seems very complex and I’m not concerned about fuses. Thanks for any info you can provide guys!
Choi dujour only takes 5 minutes process.

Mouser X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Choi dujour only takes 5 minutes process.
Choi dujour NX might, but the original Choi dujour was a much more extensive process. The OP is probably getting the two mixed up. I know I did the first few times I saw those two posted (I'd read through Choi dujour, but didn't know Choi dujour NX existed, so I thought they were the same thing, initially). Mouser X over and out.

Reactions: thorasgar

Thatcher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated my Switch from 4.0.1 to 4.1.0 offline using a game cart and it works fine.

IMO this is the easiest method as once you've confirmed the cart has the right update you just press a couple of buttons

Erol

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I updated my Switch from 4.0.1 to 4.1.0 offline using a game cart and it works fine.

IMO this is the easiest method as once you've confirmed the cart has the right update you just press a couple of buttons
Did you try using an xci file with the Update file?

Caleb Metzger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That’s really helpful I’m gonna do more reading about Choi dujour nx.

As far as using an XCI update file goes I haven’t. I do have several XCIs loaded on my sd card but haven’t seen anything regarding an update file.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChoiDujourNX is very simple to use. The only difficult part is obtaining the firmware update file it self. The release thread has some suggestions. I found a copy of 5.1 at the same place many nsp files are found.

magico29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you try using an xci file with the Update file?
you cant do that offline.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

ChoiDujourNX is very simple to use. The only difficult part is obtaining the firmware update file it self. The release thread has some suggestions. I found a copy of 5.1 at the same place many nsp files are found.
they there online,i got all of them,just google it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: