Question about unlinking NNID and moving it to another 3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by snk2, May 13, 2016.

1. snk2
    OP

snk2 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2005
    Romania
    Hello.
    I have a N3DS XL with 10.1 OFW, on which i have my NNID along with my eshop games. I have also another N3DS which has CFW on it (NO A9LH), MenuHax with rxTools, sysNAND on 9.0 , emuNAND on 10.1. On this console there is no NNID.
    The question is how can i unlink the NNID from the first N3DS, then use it on the CFW N3DS, preferably without re-doing the whole CFW setup process? I want to sell the first N3DS that's why i want to move the NNID to the other one.
    Any help would be appreciated.

2. samiam144

samiam144 Régulier

Aug 19, 2007
    Canada
    You can do a system transfer if you update your EmuNAND to the latest (11.0) as well as your unhacked N3DS.

3. Temarile

Temarile (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)

Jan 7, 2016
    Netherlands
    Updating your unhacked N3DS to 11.0 will lock you out from downgrading and creating emunand/using CFW as of now.

4. samiam144

samiam144 Régulier

Aug 19, 2007
    Canada
    Yeah, though I assume he just wants to transfer his NNID to his hacked N3DS and sell the unhacked one.

5. Temarile

Temarile (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)

Jan 7, 2016
    Netherlands
    Oh yeah, you're right, my bad. The first N3DS was the unhacked one and he wanted to sell the first one. I must've misread it :P

samiam144 likes this.
  6. urherenow

urherenow GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 8, 2009
    United States
    Japan
    online system format. (perhaps you want to backup everything first though). Then login on the other console. System transfer would be the better option though, if you can manage.

Last edited by urherenow, May 13, 2016
  7. snk2
    OP

snk2 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2005
    Romania
    So if i update both consoles (emunand on the hacked one of course), i should be able to do a system transfer which would move the NNID along with the eshop purchases to the hacked one. Would this overwrite the settings and the CIA's that i have installed on the hacked one?