Question about the World of Shadow of the Colossus

Discussion in 'PS4 - Games & Content' started by Justin20020, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Justin20020
    OP

Justin20020 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 22, 2015
    Germany
    hello,

Yesterday I bought this game for the ps4 and It is reaaally awesome! I did end it for some minutes ago. After I was searching on the internet to understand the full story, I saw that there is a game called ICO that has a connection of Sotc. I ordered yesterday The last guardian because my gf said I should try it out and earlier I read that the last guardian has a connection about these games too. Can someone explain the chronologically row about the games? I want really understand the story if they are connected to each other

2. random_human_being_

random_human_being_ GBAtemp Regular

Feb 17, 2016
    Italy
    They aren't really connected to each other; SotC simply has a couple of easter eggs which are ICO references — maybe TLG does too? I haven't played it enough to say for sure.

Justin20020 likes this.
  3. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Tom BombaDadlo

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    They're not directly connected in any way, at least not as "sequel prequel" etc etc. They're "spiritual successors/prequels", where there are the occasional nods and connections, but they don't really mean much

For example, it's said in ICO the queen is a manifestation of Mono (the girl you're trying to save), and the reason Ico has horns is because of how SOTC ended.

Justin20020 likes this.