Hacking Question about the version of the 3DS XL.

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 2,012
  • Replies 12
D

Deleted User

OP
Hello gentlemens. Yesterday I bought from EBAY 3ds xl. I asked the seller when the product was manufactured. And he told me the following: " it says 2012 on the box, but I can't guarantee that it will be version 4.5 because it is still sealed"

What does this mean? I bought the blue one.

willdunz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a blue 3DS XL from gamestop with 2012 Nintendo on the box. The FW is 4.4. So I think you will be fine.

sandytf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It means exactly what it says. The firmware version of a brand new system is not written on the box. Turning on the system is the only known way of definitively knowing the exact version of the installed firmware. However, the copyright date written on the box is commonly used to infer if the firmware version is at 4.5 or less. Since there are no known reports of a 3DS (XL) having an original firmware greater than 4.5 and a copyright of 2012, your system is almost definitely at 4.5 or earlier.

D

Deleted User

OP
Thank you all for the quick response. I will never buy a console that not hacked,
Because all my money goes to the console itself. and i hate emulators.

Reactions: cearp

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Since there are no known reports of a 3DS (XL) having an original firmware greater than 4.5 and a copyright of 2012, your system is almost definitely at 4.5 or earlier.
regardless of no known reports, it should be 'impossible', 100% sure, since 4.5 was the last firmware to come out in 2012, the next one came out in march :)
you can be certain if it is 2012 then it is most likely less than 4.5. some 2013 are 4.5, maybe lower too, i have no idea if they are produced every day/week/month, i would like to find out haha, but yeah, also if you buy a 3ds game bundle, they are 'limited edition' pretty sure, and should all have the same firmware

D

Deleted User

OP
regardless of no known reports, it should be 'impossible', 100% sure, since 4.5 was the last firmware to come out in 2012, the next one came out in march :)
you can be certain if it is 2012 then it is most likely less than 4.5. some 2013 are 4.5, maybe lower too, i have no idea if they are produced every day/week/month, i would like to find out haha, but yeah, also if you buy a 3ds game bundle, they are 'limited edition' pretty sure, and should all have the same firmware

i know this. i looked here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_3DS_system_software.

But still. What if the store is working with Nintendo and deliberately opens the package to update the device. Ahhh? What do you say to that?

sandytf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Technically, there is always the possibility that Nintendo could put a newer system in an older box.

D

Deleted User

OP
Maybe I'll be lucky and be the first one who gets version higher than 4.5 on 2012 box. Hope not.

Rinnux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How many times does this kind of thread have to pop up??? If you look at the 3ds firmware release history you will notice that 4.5 came out in december 2012. Also 5.0 didn't come out until march 2013. So if it says copyright 2012 on the back it HAS TO BE 4.5 OR LOWER.. Somebody should seriously make a sticky about this.

jrr6415sun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol I am the seller you purchased from on eBay. I cant open the box to verify it is 4.5 all i know is it says 2012.

Anyway why do systems purchased now at stores still say 2012? Did Nintendo make so many that they are still selling them almost a year later? Or are they too lazy to update it?

I purchase 3ds xls from a big store that gets new shipments all the time, so these aren't consoles that have been sitting around for a year.

D

Deleted User

OP
Maybe because the year 2012 on the box not indicates when the product itself was created but when the series itself was made.

i mean The product could produced in 2013, but the series to which it belongs to was created in 2012. for example built in packages were made in 2013 but they still can continue to market them in 2015.

I can hardly explain it in Hebrew but I hope you understand what I mean.

jrr6415sun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so basically they are still making consoles with version 4.5 because they haven't bothered to update it to the new version with 2013

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt