Question about the various Preloader programs

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Rico007, Apr 28, 2010.

Apr 28, 2010
  1. Rico007
    OP

Newcomer Rico007 Advanced Member

Puerto Rico
    Greetings, I am wondering if anyone know why does any preloader program I try (well, I only tried preloader 0.29 JODI and Priiloader) bricks my wii. They will load my HBC, but the system menu dies with the installation, forcing me to reinstall the sistem menu and its IOS. For those who may remember, this is how I first bricked my wii and came here to help with this topic: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=192996&st=0 But just as a test, I installed priiloader and the same thing happened. I reversed it, so I'm good. I'm just wondering, in case I want to hack my wii further by installing IOS needed to play some games or something

2. Rico007
    OP

Puerto Rico
    Whenever I install a Preloader, the system menu ceases to function. So I have access to the preloader and my HBC only. Preloader v0.29 Jodi told me that the system files where corrupted when I tried starting up the system menu. Priiloader, I think It was version 1, would tell me that the system menu failed to load and restart itself. So I had no choice but go to the HBC and reinstall system menu.

3. Rico007
    OP

Puerto Rico
    I shall try that tomorrow and inform with success or failure. Thanks ^^

4. lulwut

Member lulwut GBAtemp Fan

Japan
    not the first 2 versions anyway [​IMG]

5. Rico007
    OP

Puerto Rico
    Successfully installed Priiloader V 0.4 without it somehow screwing my system menu. Thanks a lot for your help ^^