Question about the SBB file format in Dakar 2 used by Acclaim

Discussion in 'Nintendo GameCube' started by celebi23, Jan 29, 2017.

1. celebi23
    OP

celebi23 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 6, 2004
    United States
    So, I was going through one of my old gamecube discs (Dakar 2: The World's Ultimate Rally) and I was trying to find where the multi boot GBA roms were stored. It looks like they're all included in a file called "GBA.SBB". Here’s the directories for the SBB file & RBB file:
    res/GBA.DAT/RBB/GameCube/GBA.RBB
    res/GBA.DAT/RBB/GameCube/GBA.SBB

I opened up the file in a text editor & found 13 .bin files that match up with the GBA downloadable files listed in-game:
    DAKAR2CREDITS.BIN
    PARIS1.BIN
    PARIS2.BIN
    PARIS3.BIN
    ROCK1.BIN
    ROCK2.BIN
    ROCK3.BIN
    DIRT1.BIN
    DIRT2.BIN
    DIRT3.BIN
    SAND1.BIN
    SAND2.BIN
    SAND3.BIN

And here's how they're listed in-game:
    Mini Game Setup
    Artois
    Le Parc
    La Petit Ville
    Sun Baked
    The Canyon Run
    Driving On The Edge
    Savannah
    Muddy River
    Mudbath
    Sahara
    The Dry Heat
    Oskar Beach

Some of the multiboot files were released on the internet & here are how they match up with the in-game list:
    Dakar 2 - Racing Game 02 (MB2GBA).gba/Dakar 2 - The World's Ultimate Rally - Racing Game 02 (MultiBoot).mb - Artois
    Dakar 2 - Racing Game 03 (MB2GBA).gba/Dakar 2 - The World's Ultimate Rally - Racing Game 03 (MultiBoot).mb - Le Parc
    Dakar 2 - Racing Game 04 (MB2GBA).gba/Dakar 2 - The World's Ultimate Rally - Racing Game 04 (MultiBoot).mb - Le Petit Ville

Dakar 2 - Racing Game 05 (MB2GBA).gba/Dakar 2 - The World's Ultimate Rally - Racing Game 05 (MultiBoot).mb - Sun Baked
    Dakar 2 - Racing Game 06 (MB2GBA).gba/Dakar 2 - The World's Ultimate Rally - Racing Game 06 (MultiBoot).mb - The Canyon Run
    Dakar 2 - Racing Game 07 (MB2GBA).gba/Dakar 2 - The World's Ultimate Rally - Racing Game 07 (MultiBoot).mb - Driving On The Edge

Savannah
    Dakar 2 - Racing Game 01 (MB2GBA).gba/Dakar 2 - The World's Ultimate Rally - Racing Game 01 (MultiBoot).mb - Muddy River
    Mudbath

Dakar 2 - Racing Game 09 (MB2GBA).gba/Dakar 2 - The World's Ultimate Rally - Racing Game 09 (MultiBoot).mb - Sahara
    Dakar 2 - Racing Game 10 (MB2GBA).gba/Dakar 2 - The World's Ultimate Rally - Racing Game 10 (MultiBoot).mb - The Dry Heat
    Dakar 2 - Racing Game 11 (MB2GBA).gba.Dakar 2 - The World's Ultimate Rally - Racing Game 11 (MultiBoot).mb - Oakar Beach

Missing:
    Mini Game Setup
    Dakar 2 - Racing Game 08 (MB2GBA).gba/Dakar 2 - The World's Ultimate Rally - Racing Game 08 (MultiBoot).mb
    Dakar 2 - Racing Game 12 (MB2GBA).gba/Dakar 2 - The World's Ultimate Rally - Racing Game 12 (MultiBoot).mb

I was wondering if anyone knows how to open up an Acclaim SBB file/archive? Any help would be greatly appreciated.