Hardware Question about the old and new Dualshock 4 revision

newmaneri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very sorry for starting another thread about the Dualshock 4, but I have another question that google doesn't help me with. Very specific questions.

I bought a new Dualshock 4 controller, and the FCC ID on the back is AK8CUHZCT1. I heard that the new revision is AK8CUHZCT1F1 where the thumbsticks are improved. Someone said in the new revision, the thumbstick rubber has less grip and a more textured finished, and it's combined into 1 piece with the actual thumbstick. How would I go about checking if it's more like one piece? Now I couldn't completely tell since I never used a Dualshock 4 controller before, so I'll try to compare the sticks with the Dualshock 3, and when I look at the Dualshock 4 I just bought which seems to be the older version, the thumbstick doesn't feel very grippy, with a more textured finish. Feels kind of like some plastic/rubber hybrid.

I bought this controller yesterday, and the new revision has been out for some months now. Was I just unlucky and got the old version, or did Sony somehow do some trick and made the older version the same? Is buying a controller more like playing the lottery, and hoping you get lucky?

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Mine broke just after 2 months!!!an
R2 analog trigger, plastic showing under analog thumbstick.
Goddamn sony, how did such a EXCELLENT ERGONOMIC controller, got build so bad?

Also a bit sour that the "power"of my PS4 is not something special at all comparing to any budget pc gaming rig for the same money...

GTA 5 was nice as long as it lasted, no way I am going ps plus again, for me money down the drain...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Btw today at school I gave one of my cookies from my snack to the girl I like.