Gaming Question about the Japanese Fire Emblem: if bundle

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,093
  • Replies 6
D

Deleted User

OP
Does the Japanese FE:if bundle come with a cart that contains both the two main paths as well as Hidden Kingdom, or is it just the two main ones? I've been planning on buying some Japanese 3DS games before I know enough Japanese to play them as a way to motivate myself to learn more Japanese since I have some major motivation issues when it comes to learning languages, and I wanted to see if it'd be worth it to try to hunt down just the cartridge from the bundle, or if I should just buy the two separate games. I could always pirate Hidden Kingdom, but I'd like to avoid pirating on the new 3DS I plan on getting, just in case another banwave happens. I'm kinda paranoid about there being any more banwaves and me getting hit by yet another one.

I'm aware it might be hard to hunt down the cartridge alone, but I'm still interested in knowing what's on the cart that comes with that bundle anyways. That is if it even comes with one instead of a digital download code or something.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe the fe:if Special Edition bundle just had the two main games because the third path came out at a later point in Japan. I know in the US, the SE cart had all 3.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP
I believe the fe:if Special Edition bundle just had the two main games because the third path came out at a later point in Japan. I know in the US, the SE cart had all 3.
Thanks, that must've been what I was thinking of then because I was half sure that the Japanese SE probably had the 3rd path. In that case I might consider also buying a Japanese n3DS once I get much closer to being able to play the Fire Emblem series in Japanese.

Reactions: KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, that must've been what I was thinking of then because I was half sure that the Japanese SE probably had the 3rd path. In that case I might consider also buying a Japanese n3DS once I get much closer to being able to play the Fire Emblem series in Japanese.
I love my Japanese n3DS. It's helped me learn Japanese a lot more. If you aren't familiar with a lot of kanji, I would see if you can find some games with furigana, which is small kana (mostly hiragana) characters over kanji characters. One such example is Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

D

Deleted User

OP
I love my Japanese n3DS. It's helped me learn Japanese a lot more. If you aren't familiar with a lot of kanji, I would see if you can find some games with furigana, which is small kana (mostly hiragana) characters over kanji characters. One such example is Animal Crossing: New Leaf.
AC:NL was one of the games I was planning on playing a lot earlier on, though I'm sure even that still won't be something I can play for a while since I think I'm probably spending a little bit too much time just on pounding grammar and really basic vocabulary into my head. It's probably gonna be one of the first few Japanese games I'm gonna buy.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
AC:NL was one of the games I was planning on playing a lot earlier on, though I'm sure even that still won't be something I can play for a while since I think I'm probably spending a little bit too much time just on pounding grammar and really basic vocabulary into my head. It's probably gonna be one of the first few Japanese games I'm gonna buy.
Look into getting Zelda Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks too! They have the same thing. They're also fairly cheap and the boxes are so much prettier than the US/EU counterparts ;o;
But to add to the main post; FE:if came with both routes on-cart, with the third route available via code a month before general release. The EU/US versions had all three routes on cart.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was the first Japanese game I bought. Even if you play it for a little bit at a time, I'm sure it could help in some way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over