Question about telemarketers

Hachibei

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, so basically, Bell Canada has been calling me continuously (every 15-30 minutes) for the past 4 hours, asking me to sign up with them, and I'm getting really fed up. I have always given them the same answer: NO, I don't want to sign up with you, but the calls just keep on coming. Would I be able to take legal action against them if they kept calling me?

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Tell them what has been happening and demand to speak to a manager or whoever may be in charge. When you speak to him demand your name be removed from their list and threaten to take action against them if you receive any further calls.

Also what I like to do to these sort of people is say "Yes give me two seconds and I will speak to you about this." Then I leave the phone off the hook with them waiting, and go and do something, watch tv, play a game, whatever it may be.

Trust me they stay on the line waiting for ages, sometimes over half an hour!
yaypsp.gif

smileipb2.png

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Screw around with Bell, that's all they deserve.
Google always solves the problem! http://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+scre...+a+telemarketer

I've personally done these:
-Everytime they call, I tell them that they have the wrong person and that there's no [my name] living here. Eventually they stopped calling.
- I listened to their offer and sounded very serious about buying the product/service, and kept asking so many questions I could think of. After the telemarketer sounded pissed, I politely declined the offer and hung up.
-(my favorite) I tried to sell them a product/service the same way they did to me, lol.

Also, note, if you haven't subscribed to http://ioptout.ca/ and https://www.lnnte-dncl.gc.ca/index-eng , do it now. It won't help stop Bell because they own the DNC list, but it will help with other telemarketers.

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
Register with the Telephone Preference Agency of your country (it is supposed to reduce/eliminate sales calls). I tried googling for one in the States but I wasn't successful (it might have a different name).

UK one here so you can see what it involves.

Ah the poster above provided some links

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
"Hello is _____ here?"
"He's dead"

Well, something like is bound to make any light hearted selling technique fall flat on their face. Normally I would screw with them by stretching it out to several minutes of me going, "ummmm ummm" after every sentence.

Hachibei

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the input everyone!

p1ngpong said:
Tell them what has been happening and demand to speak to a manager or whoever may be in charge. When you speak to him demand your name be removed from their list and threaten to take action against them if you receive any further calls.

This'll probably be the next thing I do if they call again. Either that or screw with them
rolleyes.gif

p1ngpong said:
Also what I like to do to these sort of people is say "Yes give me two seconds and I will speak to you about this." Then I leave the phone off the hook with them waiting, and go and do something, watch tv, play a game, whatever it may be.

Trust me they stay on the line waiting for ages, sometimes over half an hour!
yaypsp.gif

smileipb2.png

This is probably something I'd rather not do; jacking up my phone bill for the sake of messing with them is not really worth it.

QUOTE(Salamantis @ Apr 20 2009, 08:20 PM)
Screw around with Bell, that's all they deserve.
Google always solves the problem! http://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+scre...+a+telemarketer

I've personally done these:
-Everytime they call, I tell them that they have the wrong person and that there's no [my name] living here. Eventually they stopped calling.
- I listened to their offer and sounded very serious about buying the product/service, and kept asking so many questions I could think of. After the telemarketer sounded pissed, I politely declined the offer and hung up.
-(my favorite) I tried to sell them a product/service the same way they did to me, lol.

Also, note, if you haven't subscribed to http://ioptout.ca/ and https://www.lnnte-dncl.gc.ca/index-eng , do it now. It won't help stop Bell because they own the DNC list, but it will help with other telemarketers.

I'll definitely check out those two sites, thanks Salamantis
biggrin.gif

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
I screw with them...

WOULD JOO LEIK 2 SIGN---

WAHTS YUUR FAV COLORZ?!

WHAT?

I want to sign up if you can solve this riddle...

lolwut?

how much would could a spoon chuck if a fork could chick kinves

crap like that

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Harsky said:
"Hello is _____ here?"
"He's dead"

Well, something like is bound to make any light hearted selling technique fall flat on their face. Normally I would screw with them by stretching it out to several minutes of me going, "ummmm ummm" after every sentence.
Like this?

(Here if it doesn't show up http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5z4Vs26-TI )

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
You: Hello?
Telemarketer: Hi, would you be interesting in switching over to TMI Long Distance Services?
Y: Oh, I can't talk right now, why don't you give me your home number and I'll call you later.
T: Uh, well sorry we're not allowed to do that.
Y: Oh, I guess you don't want people calling you at home.
T: No.
Y: Well, now you know how I feel. *hang up*

I love Seinfeld.

wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Y: Hello?
T: Hi, *blah blah blah*
Y: OMG I would just LOVE to buy Product XYZ. oshi- my little kid is playing with matches near the gas. Give me a minute please. BILLY!!!!!
T: ...
*leave phone hanging for 30 minutes*
If they didn't hang up by then, tell them the same BS slightly modified.

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I just decline whatever offer then ask them to remove my name/number off the list, and they never call again. Results may vary though.

Hachibei

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
myuusmeow said:
You: Hello?
Telemarketer: Hi, would you be interesting in switching over to TMI Long Distance Services?
Y: Oh, I can't talk right now, why don't you give me your home number and I'll call you later.
T: Uh, well sorry we're not allowed to do that.
Y: Oh, I guess you don't want people calling you at home.
T: No.
Y: Well, now you know how I feel. *hang up*

I love Seinfeld.

WIN

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup