Homebrew Question about SvSip

iambananaballsso

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i noticed that when i call from this homebrew, that a number comes on the other phones caller id
and i use voip buster

but what happens if the person calls back on that number?

so for sure no one will pick, up because a ds cant recieve calls

and theres no way to trace the call back

so like if i call people for a prank for example, and i didnt want to be caught, then theres no way for me to be discovered, because no one will suspect one to make a call from a ds.... so is this plan safe?

also the calling works but there is no sound, either poeple can hear from either end, i hope that is resolved in a future release.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
The thing with svsip is that it uses wifi and communicates with your router/s. There are applications such as wireshark (or something) that can listen to your internet connection. Most routers should have firewalls though. So watch your router in case a hacker breaks a window and connects his LAN cable into your router.

ChuckMcB

Trophies
Website
www.ds-xtra.com
XP
Country
Setting aside fgghjjkll's humorous response for a moment.

QUOTE said:
but what happens if the person calls back on that number?
Depends on your VoIP provider.

QUOTE said:
so like if i call people for a prank for example, and i didnt want to be caught, then theres no way for me to be discovered, because no one will suspect one to make a call from a ds.... so is this plan safe?With enough effort you will be caught. The incoming can be traced to your VoIP provider, even if you used fake details the VoIP provider know your IP, which your ISP can tie to your telephone line/address.

Bottom line: don't be an idiot.

also the calling works but there is no sound
I'm seeing alot of people with SvSIP and VoIP Buster having that problem, have you tried any other VoIP providers?

iambananaballsso

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i signed up at voipbuster

what ather providers r u talking about, and how do i change it to one that works
EDIT: i saw the site with other providers, and i saw other providers, so to check if it works i just change the settings on the config file?, but keep the username/password the same?, or do i have to make a new account if i change the provider?

also

can u explain more about what if the person calls back on the number, wont it just go to a dead number, or something?

also i have another unrelated matter to ask

at school there is a wifi, where i cam trying to connect to use beup live and bunjaloo

i do a scan with airscan and svsip, and the strongest one is about 40-75% , then after i type in all the numbers (ip, subnet, dns, gateway, router password)
and it says connected, but when it trying to connect with bunjaloo it doesnt work, also for beup live it just hangs at doing handshake, no matter how many times i do that it gets stuck there

also when i try to connect SvSip, it takes a while at the acquiring dhcp, but finally it connects, much slower than at home.

is this because the signal is weak or too many other people are using it?

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
libwifi has a speed restriction. You cannot go further than 20kbps on a DS. DSLinux has a modified version of libwifi so speeds can reach up to 100kbps.

ChuckMcB

Trophies
Website
www.ds-xtra.com
XP
Country
iambananaballsso said:
i signed up at voipbuster

what ather providers r u talking about, and how do i change it to one that works
Here are some that I'm aware of.
QUOTE said:
EDIT: i saw the site with other providers, and i saw other providers, so to check if it works i just change the settings on the config file?, but keep the username/password the same?, or do i have to make a new account if i change the provider?
You need to signup with the provider to use their system

can u explain more about what if the person calls back on the number, wont it just go to a dead number, or something?
Again that depends on your VoIP provider, check their FAQs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1