Hacking question about super card two and 3ds?

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm thinking about getting one of these and i need to know if my supercard two would work on it. i want to use online has well. so is it safe or shall i wait. also would emualtors and stuff like that work on it or no?

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes it does work.
But whether its safe is still debateable.
Some people are just being on the safe side and staying away from flashcarts for the 3DS in general.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dang.... ok i'll have to get an ds lite just to be safe. then oh well thanks for the info

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
DJPlace said:
i'm thinking about getting one of these and i need to know if my supercard two would work on it. i want to use online has well. so is it safe or shall i wait. also would emualtors and stuff like that work on it or no?
It works, with update.

Safety unknown.

A DSTwo is a DSTwo, anything that works on any DS will work on the other DSes...

Antoids

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The DSTWO works on the 3DS, and pretends to be a different game, ostensibly leaving no trace that a flash cart was used (unless Nintendo decides to punish everyone who owns a game that a flash card spoofs as, which they would not do).

However, you need to "flash" the card by putting it in a regular DS first (and downloading certain files onto it beforehand), so if you don't have one of those, it won't work on the 3ds to begin with, and will show up as a flash cart on your activity log.

mdlmemorybank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Antoids said:
The DSTWO works on the 3DS, and pretends to be a different game, ostensibly leaving no trace that a flash cart was used (unless Nintendo decides to punish everyone who owns a game that a flash card spoofs as, which they would not do).

However, you need to "flash" the card by putting it in a regular DS first (and downloading certain files onto it beforehand), so if you don't have one of those, it won't work on the 3ds to begin with, and will show up as a flash cart on your activity log.

Is there a way"if not already"to make the DSTWO look like any DS game you want, so say if one day i have it look like my copy of super mario bro. but then the next change it to look like poyo pop fever?

DryYoshi

Love child of Dry Bones and Yoshi
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
mdlmemorybank said:
Antoids said:

Is there a way"if not already"to make the DSTWO look like any DS game you want, so say if one day i have it look like my copy of super mario bro. but then the next change it to look like poyo pop fever?
Flash Carts usually fake themselves as crappy games almost no one has, like Tinkerbell, so there shouldn't be any problem.

mdlmemorybank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DryYoshi said:
mdlmemorybank said:
Antoids said:

Flash Carts usually fake themselves as crappy games almost no one has, like Tinkerbell, so there shouldn't be any problem.
Yeah true , but i thought it would be useful to some extent if it could be change on will, though that would probably require some work and even more to stream line it into a easy to use app for people.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0