Hacking Question about staying at 3.60 and updating trophies

Billski

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, Had a quick question. Is there a way to update my trophies to the PSN while staying at 3.60 I've tried and it keeps popping up it wants to update. I haven't jumped the gun on Henkaku/Vitamin yet as I'm waiting to see the results if peoples accounts are going to be banned or not from it as I definitely enjoy the trophy grind aspect of the games and Id hate to lose my account, and or start using henkaku and not be able to earn trophies on my account anymore.

Billski

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright bud I appreciate the quick response. I'll just keep earning trophies and see if Sony does anything about Henkaku and PSN after a while I'll make the jump if it looks promising.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and or start using henkaku and not be able to earn trophies on my account anymore.
If you stay on 3.6 you can't sync trophies regardless, so you might as well just install Henkaku. Do you play online games a lot? If not, just turn off your wifi or block Sony's servers.

Billski

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The issue comes down to i have a lot of time invested into my PSN account, and I'm trying to hold out to see if Sony wants to do any banning for people using Henkaku + Vitamin to play backups before I pull the trigger because if they are going to start banning I'll just pass, and if not then I'll download it and start using it. Since its still early though I don't wanna risk my account yet.

Edit~ Nah don't play any Vita games online unless it is required to achieve certain trophies.

Last edited by Billski,

satan89

Trophies
XP
Country
India
If you installed HENkaku, you'd get PSN access with the spoof. If you only have legit game trophies, I'd say your chances of being banned are 0%.
Sony won't care (probably won't even detect) if you're just running HENkaku, as long as you don't have pirated games on it.
I think the only way they can find out you're using pirated games is if you have a digital copy of a game that doesn't belong to your PSN region. If it's a cartridge ROM, they'll probably just think you imported it from somewhere. Also, afaik we don't have the 'header' problem that was kind of a concern with the 3ds scene (sky3ds)

Anyhow if you just used HENkaku to sync trophies (and you don't have anything illegal) I'd say you're safe.
Do it at your own risk though

oleg77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Historically, it seems Sony banned people for cheating online, not for using homebrew, and even not for piracy. Contradictory links are welcomed :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it