Hacking Question about soft-reset support in AKAIO

gumbyx84

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having a random issue I've given up trying to figure out on my own. I haven't been able to get soft-reset support to wok with AKAIO since I got my Acekard 2i last week. I have it enabled in the system options and have even enabled it on specific ROMs but it never seems to work.

Anyone know why it might be working? It could me be, but I don't know what I would be doing wrong.

gumbyx84

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
9/10 people who have this issue... are using the wrong key combination.
Proper key combo is L+R+B+A+Down? That throws you back to AKAIO menu. i mean soft-rest the game (L+R+Start+Select). Makes shiny huting legendaries and checking random drops much easier.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That's not a feature of AKAIO, the settings in AKAIO do not affect it. The same applies to other flashcarts.

It's dependant on the game supporting itself, or finding a cheat code which will do it. Most people refer to it as 'ingame reset', as 'soft reset' is used to refer to the method which will take back to the OSMenu.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If he's "shiny hunting legendaries" that means he's playing pokémon.

Actually gumby, AKAIO 1.7 had a bug where with the new DMA mode (the yellow loading text) could do proper in-game soft-resets on the pokémon titles.
If you update to AKAIO 1.7.1, you should be able to reset correctly. I know I can.

gumbyx84

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RupeeClock said:
If he's "shiny hunting legendaries" that means he's playing pokémon.

Actually gumby, AKAIO 1.7 had a bug where with the new DMA mode (the yellow loading text) could do proper in-game soft-resets on the pokémon titles.
If you update to AKAIO 1.7.1, you should be able to reset correctly. I know I can.

I'll give it a try now. I just used shinny hunting as an example. Actually I've been resetting to get different items out of chests in DQ9.

Edit: Works in Pokemon, not in DQ9. Anyone know if you can soft-reset in DQ9?

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It might be worth booting in the other DMA mode.
It defaults to loading DMA New (Yellow), hold X to load it as DMA quicksave (green)

The green mode is what AKAIO used prior to 1.7

gumbyx84

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RupeeClock said:
It might be worth booting in the other DMA mode.
It defaults to loading DMA New (Yellow), hold X to load it as DMA quicksave (green)

The green mode is what AKAIO used prior to 1.7
Thanks for the help RupeeClock, but soft-rest in DQ9 doesn't work. Going to assume they did not include it in the game. : shrugs: Guess I will have to do it the "hard" way (drop to AKAIO menu and load DQ9 again).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb