Hacking Question about SNEmuLDS

maddk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I know where to download it, but can someone explain to me how do i install it and what do i have to do to play the games?
Thanks everyone.

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Put the emulator rom on your flashcart and your snes roms in a SNES directory on the root of the flashcart. Simple.

maddk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Okay, thanks for the info.
I'm gonna get my R4 next week, then i'll download the emulator =]
Thanks again, cya.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
and you should rename your roms to get more compatibility to the ones mentioned on the config file. (there are like 10 of them) and be noted that some games like MegaMan X are still run better on 0.5b rather than 0.6a

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
sure,
lets take a loot @ an example:

lets assume u want to play Megaman X, you open snemul.cfg and skim to see if that game is listed, so in our case it is and its sectios is like:

[MEGAMAN X]
BG3Squish = 0
YScroll = 16
Sound = 1
BGLayers = 10111
BGPriorities = 0
Vblank = 1
SpeedHacks = 0

so, you have to rename your ROM file (the on in SNES folder) to match the name in brackets, in this case, MEGAMAN X.srm .

(you can also rename the config file but i dont recommend it since it will get u in trouble in latter updates, since u have to remember to change ur game name in every new snemul.cfg update file).

ppl plz correct me if i'm wrong, i found it by meself and maybe i'm wrong.

beside that, is there any way to convert SNES9X save files to SnemulDS save files?

EDIT:
can u tell me whats great about Earthbound? i played it a bit and fought a dog, but i couldnt find anything THAT special about this game that ppl are dying for its 3rd release translation. TIA.

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sure,
lets take a loot @ an example:

lets assume u want to play Megaman X, you open snemul.cfg and skim to see if that game is listed, so in our case it is and its sectios is like:

[MEGAMAN X]
BG3Squish = 0
YScroll = 16
Sound = 1
BGLayers = 10111
BGPriorities = 0
Vblank = 1
SpeedHacks = 0

so, you have to rename your ROM file (the on in SNES folder) to match the name in brackets, in this case, MEGAMAN X.srm .

(you can also rename the config file but i dont recommend it since it will get u in trouble in latter updates, since u have to remember to change ur game name in every new snemul.cfg update file).

ppl plz correct me if i'm wrong, i found it by meself and maybe i'm wrong.

beside that, is there any way to convert SNES9X save files to SnemulDS save files?

EDIT:
can u tell me whats great about Earthbound? i played it a bit and fought a dog, but i couldnt find anything THAT special about this game that ppl are dying for its 3rd release translation. TIA.

The name of the ROM doesn't have to be exactly the one in the Config.

My CT ROM is :Chrono Trigger (U)

The sound works fine... If I rename it to "Hello", the sound goes scratchy.

~Nero

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey, Nero, what are your Chrono Trigger settings?

Umm.. They've always been on default... Except:

600 A.D Truce Canyon - 3, 1, 1, 0 (Tested in 0.5b)
Magus Battle - (Uncheck the box in the left corner and tap the down arrow until you can see everyone's sprites, the arena will be corrupted)

It plays almost perfect. Why'd you have to ask me though? Didn't you beat the game already?

~Nero

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyo_AXQLIdI

That's the Beta Chrono Trigger.. It looks so different.
wtf.gif

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

Magus Battle - (Uncheck the box in the left corner and tap the down arrow until you can see everyone's sprites, the arena will be corrupted)

It plays almost perfect. Why'd you have to ask me though? Didn't you beat the game already?

~Nero

wtf.gif

yeah, I beat the game already, but it's just annoying looking at the garbled screens (hoping that you'd ahve better settings than mine).

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

~Nero

wtf.gif

yeah, I beat the game already, but it's just annoying looking at the garbled screens (hoping that you'd ahve better settings than mine).

What garbled screens?
blink.gif

CT plays perfectly for me.. Graphics and everything.

~Nero

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
thats what i said, i merged them but maybe thats not good since maybe he changed the way those games work and removed them on purpose but thats not commin in a minor update.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
whats wrong with this emulator?!

i played Megaman X and it was fine with sound and stuff, then i went back and when i want to play, it freezes and it just unfreezes when i disable the sound, and the music goes into loop.

it was fine before, i tried turning SNEMUL.CFG into defualt, no luck.
tried changing some variables inside it, no luck.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those having transparency trouble with Chrono Trigger: be sure to check the snemul.cfg file. You will see a number that signifies whether transparency is on or off in a game. Most games use the default "on" number (the number "1" for me). It should look like this:

# Transparency effects
# 0 -> Disabled
# 1 -> Enabled
Transparency = 1

Unless otherwise told specifically in the game's settings, the games will always accept the above settings as the default.

The Chrono Trigger game settings should look like this:

[CHRONO TRIGGER]
SpeedHacks = 0
SoundPortSync = 01000000
TilePriorityBG = -1
BG3TilePriority = 0
BlankTileNumber = 0
SpritePriority = 1123
BGManualPriority = 0123
BG3Squish = 0
YScroll = 16
Sound = 1
Scaled = 0
BGLayers = 11111
BGPriorities = 0
Vblank = 0
AutoSRAM = 1

There are no problems with mine as Transparency is not specified in this game setting. It uses the default "on" setting. I had a similar problem with Donkey Kong Country. The game setting had transparency listed as "0" or "off". I had problems getting through levels with fog effects that appeared opaque, obscuring the action. But checking the snemul.cfg file let me turn transparency on (the settings strangely specified transparency as "off" when it works much better "on"). Now it works. It always pays to refer to the config file. You can even edit it using DSorganize's file/text editor!

Using SnemulDS, I was able to complete Chrono Trigger. It worked well most of the time. Problematic parts included the Magus battle, the floating continent overworld (the sky background appears in front of the island with auto BG), and many of the TECH skills using elaborate special effects. There are a few problems with some of the areas which don't display all of the tiles in the landscape (Truce Canyon is among these). You can change it to graphics mode 2 to display all the tiles, but that heavily corrupts the rest of the game. In areas that have a time gate, blue clouds appear that shouldn't be there. That's pretty annoying. Overall, the game is totally playable. And thanks to Archeid's sound hacks, the music and SFX sound almost perfect!

Now for a question if I may. I was wondering how game's speed is improved by using a memory expansion (i'm expecting my EZ flash 3-in-1 this week). Could someone give me an idea on the Donkey Kong Country games? How has the speed improved using the expansion? I've heard the slowdown is no more. Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ab8GtuPdrUQ +1