Question about Slot 2

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by notchristopher, Sep 7, 2007.

Sep 7, 2007

Question about Slot 2 by notchristopher at 8:15 PM (976 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. notchristopher
    OP

Member notchristopher GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I had an R4 which I loved. But my ex-girlfriend (bitch) stole it when she left. So I'm gonna get another since it was so great. But I also want to get a slot 2 device for gba games. Is there a slot-2 device that allows for dropping clean roms on the memory card like the r4 did? The reason I ask is because I am using Ubuntu and would like to avoid using software which I'm sure is windows only. I could probably get it working which wine, but it would be a huge pain in the ass.

2. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    No drag and drop software [​IMG] Unless you pre-patch the ROMs somehow (on someone elses computer?) and make blank saves and just copy those over.

3. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    The M3 Perfect reportedly can take clean GBA roms, though I haven't used one myself so I cannot verify this.

4. TLSpartan

Member TLSpartan Kills threads

Australia
    I thought the X-ROM was drag and drop [​IMG]

5. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    That's true, but the ROMs that are not patched will not have save file automatically made for them, and you will be unable to access the special menu. There might be some save problems too (if you choose to create blank saves and drag and drop gba files)

6. .::5pYd3r::.

Member .::5pYd3r::. Viva La Pizza

Australia
    If you can get the GBATA program to run without much trouble i would get an EZ flash 3 in 1 its super cheap and it is a rumble pak and ram expansion pak

7. notchristopher
    OP

Member notchristopher GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Thanks guys. I'll look into all your suggestions.