Hacking Question about save backup/restoration of legit eshop game.

Xelnok

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am currently on 9.2 with a pokemon Y eshop save game, i was wondering if it is possible in any way to back up the save game, downgrade to 4.5 and if i ever do update all the way restore the save game and continue using it? (or any way to use it on 4.5 as well would be awesome, i have quite a few of my own bred shiny pokemon i would hate to lose)

Thanks for any replies,
Xel

I pwned U!

I am pleased to beat you!
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I am currently on 9.2 with a pokemon Y eshop save game, i was wondering if it is possible in any way to back up the save game, downgrade to 4.5 and if i ever do update all the way restore the save game and continue using it? (or any way to use it on 4.5 as well would be awesome, i have quite a few of my own bred shiny pokemon i would hate to lose)

Thanks for any replies,
Xel

I am not sure, but you can always decrypt the save with SaveDataFiler. Perhaps you could export it on 9.2, import it on 4.5, export it on 4.5, and import it on 9.2.

Xelnok

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not sure, but you can always decrypt the save with SaveDataFiler. Perhaps you could export it on 9.2, import it on 4.5, export it on 4.5, and import it on 9.2.

Do I need anything special for SaveDataFiler, can I use it with the standard 9.2 firmware?

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
pokemon cia games are a problem with save datafiler, it corrupts if the inner checks fail, and cia and legit eshop behave the same way soo you will probably have a problem, what i recommend you is that create the emunand and downgrade the sysnand, its the only way i can think of for you to keep your save intact

Xelnok

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what i recommend you is that create the emunand and downgrade the sysnand, its the only way i can think of for you to keep your save intact

Do you need the gateway to create the emunand if you are over 4.5? Downgrading would corrupt the save I'm assuming, so if I want the save game gateway or bust?

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Backup: emuNAND GW mode
Play: emuNAND Classic mode
1) Create the emuNAND before downgrading.
2) Do not play it in Downgraded SysNAND.
3) If you wanna do a System Transfer to send your PM AS to another 3DS, do it in Classic mode and DO NOT CREATE A SECOND EMUNAND BEFORE ST!

Xelnok

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Backup: emuNAND GW mode
Play: emuNAND Classic mode
1) Create the emuNAND before downgrading.
2) Do not play it in Downgraded SysNAND.
3) If you wanna do a System Transfer to send your PM AS to another 3DS, do it in Classic mode and DO NOT CREATE A SECOND EMUNAND BEFORE ST!

Can i do all of that without the gateway card, if so how?

Sorry for my ignorance and thanks for the replies.
Xel

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Can i do all of that without the gateway card, if so how?

Sorry for my ignorance and thanks for the replies.
Xel
1. See CFW guides. Only CFW supports backup/restore saves without GW.
2. CFW requires 4.X SysNAND which doesn't support playing PM XY ORAS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou