OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There is a game you really wanna play out in another language, lets say the US/EU release is about a month away. Do you start playing it to hold you over, or do you just wait for the US/EU release?

EDIT: You don't have to pay for the game in the other language, or for the game in English. Both are free for you to play.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And to add onto the reasoning. You don't have to pay for the game in the other language, or for the game in English. Both are free for you to play. Just the Japansese version is out, before the US version.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Gameplay focused: play (MMOs, spinoffs, etc)
Story focused: wait (jRPGs, RPGs in general)

pretty much why I have Valkyria Chronicles 3 downloaded but still refuse to play it...though not quite the same since it probably wont ever be localized, but I hate the idea of missing out on the story said to rival VC1. So I shall wait for an english release, even if it never comes.

If a release was only a month away, i'd definitely wait though, no problem.

Reactions: 1 person

choconado

Doesn't understand a damn thing on here
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yeah, if it's something where text is important, what's the point of fumbling around in a different language if you can just wait a month and understand it just fine?

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'd play the game, only if it's in Japanese, although this isn't really valid for me, since I have some understanding in the language. If Japanese isn't the case (say, a Korean game like Maple Story), I would wait for an English/Japanese release.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
A large part of why i play any game is the story and characters. If that's taken away (by a language barrier) even the best game in the world is missing a vital element....and in the case of RPG's it'd be the main element!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte