Hacking Question about Retail Xbox 360 profile to be used on an RGH and later syncing it to Xbox Live

Deleted member 668561

GBAtemp Official Psychonaut
Banned
Trophies
somewhere within 4 dimensional space-time
XP
Country
United States
To be honest, you really wont have any issues, I've personally used stealth to connect to xbox live, download my profile and updates (game and avatar content), modded online, also modding online on my jtag/rgh, while signed in on my Xbox one with the same account so I can use party chat, I know when I was running mods, I definitely got reported, still nothing, only thing I've gotten was my keyvault banned, which was when I was testing out different stealth, running different stealths will get your console more likely banned, though you just need to put an unbanned kv on your hdd root to unban (console)

I think m$ has accepted 360 modding as its what's left of the 360, it's eol, they may still issue updates, however rgh/jtag/homebrew is the third party eol support

Last edited by Deleted member 668561,
Reactions: CoolMe

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be honest, you really wont have any issues, I've personally used stealth to connect to xbox live, download my profile and updates (game and avatar content), modded online, also modding online on my jtag/rgh, while signed in on my Xbox one with the same account so I can use party chat, I know when I was running mods, I definitely got reported, still nothing, only thing I've gotten was my keyvault banned, which was when I was testing out different stealth, running different stealths will get your console more likely banned, though you just need to put an unbanned kv on your hdd root to unban (console)

I think m$ has accepted 360 modding as its what's left of the 360, it's eol, they may still issue updates, however rgh/jtag/homebrew is the third party eol support
I see you like to live dangerously .. But TBH, I don't intend to mess around with KVs nor connect to Xbox Live on an RGH with my profile in it, i care about it and mostly my saves, i just don't want some stupid oversight on my part to result in my account getting banned. Cheers!

Last edited by CoolMe,

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, Thanks!
Going through the same sorta thing rn. I'm the kinda guy who just wants to backup all his games to a hard drive or SSD and play em on the console without the disk. No mod menus, no achivment hacking, no piracy, all games I own. Just wanna run em without the disk for faster(ish) load times. Would like to have it all on my main account as well but thats not somthing I wanna risk without knowing more info

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Going through the same sorta thing rn. I'm the kinda guy who just wants to backup all his games to a hard drive or SSD and play em on the console without the disk. No mod menus, no achivment hacking, no piracy, all games I own. Just wanna run em without the disk for faster(ish) load times. Would like to have it all on my main account as well but thats not somthing I wanna risk without knowing more info
About what? If you're on a dual nand setup or 2 separate consoles, say one JTAG/RGH'ed and the other stock, you keep your profile on a usb and you don't sign in to it until you boot the game, and if you want to change games, you sign off first then do that, rinse and repeat.

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About what? If you're on a dual nand setup or 2 separate consoles, say one JTAG/RGH'ed and the other stock, you keep your profile on a usb and you don't sign in to it until you boot the game, and if you want to change games, you sign off first then do that, rinse and repeat.
That is a lot of work and somewhat tedious, I've done this sort of thing with a modified switch, whenever there was an update that would break homebrew I would avoid the update button like the plague, that didn't work out all of the time, especially if there were other people playing.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is a lot of work and somewhat tedious, I've done this sort of thing with a modified switch, whenever there was an update that would break homebrew I would avoid the update button like the plague, that didn't work out all of the time, especially if there were other people playing.
And you could always dedicate a separate profile for this and avoid all this hassle, on 360 at least, unless you care about transferring saves to the Cloud or achievements.

SikeMike03

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2 separate consoles, say one JTAG/RGH'ed and the other stock, you keep your profile on a usb and you don't sign in to it until you boot the game, and if you want to change games, you sign off first then do that, rinse and repeat.
Sorry for reviving an old thread. I'm interested in using this method, but I don't care about the uploading game saves, just earning achievements on a Live profile and then updating on retail. Have you run into any issues doing this?

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for reviving an old thread. I'm interested in using this method, but I don't care about the uploading game saves, just earning achievements on a Live profile and then updating on retail. Have you run into any issues doing this?
Oh my, this seems like a forever ago.. Anyway, no, i didn't dabble too much with it after this, but when i did it was pretty safe, as long as you follow the process described in earlier comments, and no save editing tools, achievement editing etc. you take your profile (from the rgh) from the usb and use it to connect to Xbox live in the stock console. Do not connect with the old version of the profile that you might still have on the retail console after that, as it'll sure create some discrepancy with one you just synced with, and you'd fall into something else..
Post automatically merged:

Also only use the profile you're earning achievements with (the one you're using on the rgh).

Last edited by CoolMe,

UnpredictableEnigma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
using your profile on an rgh is fine, i've used my rgh and jtag online through a stealth server while hosting a party chat online on xbox one because i did not have a 360 mic, i only ever just gotten a standard console ban, flashed a new keyvault and my profile still works to this day
Post automatically merged:

i mean the 360 is so old by now microsoft probably does not put alot of effort other than the xosc and automated checks it does your filesystem and nand, which you can just hook and patch with a dash launch plugin, to moderate 360 xbox live, it is pretty much a legacy service in 2023 most people use pc and have an xbox one nowadays

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end