Question about region locking and Xode/X360 key

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Tonitonichopchop, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Tonitonichopchop
    OP

Member Tonitonichopchop GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    My brother is buying an Xbox 360 soon and he wanted me to ask a few questions.

1. Is there anyway to play Pal and NTSC-J games on a NTSC console (With x360 key or Xode)? I know some games are region free, but the ones he has in mind are not region free according to the info I've found.

2. Specifically, the game he wants to play is No More Heroes Paradise. I checked that it isn't region free, but maybe there's a way to get it to work on his 360 anyway?'

3. Are there overheating issues with the Xbox 360 Slim like with the older ones?

And that's it. Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer these questions.

2. eleventh

Newcomer eleventh Member

South Africa
    1. As far as I know, JTAG is the only way to play region free.
    2. See above.
    3. Overheating issues solved with the slim. (Where in the past only the CPU temperature was checked, now both the CPU and GPU temperature is monitored.)

3. Tonitonichopchop
    OP

Member Tonitonichopchop GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    From what I've heard the X360 key and Xode work like a jtag, so maybe it will work. I'll have to get clarification on that.

The info about the Slim is nice to know though.

4. jefffisher

Member jefffisher GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    1 x360 key works like original game discs it will no allow region free.

2 no all ps3's are region free though

5. CJL18

Member CJL18 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States

the X360Key and Xode will work nothing like a JTAG the person ment it will work like a JTAG by letting you play Isos off a USB harddrive thats it nothing more nothing less. The only way a NTSC console can play a Pal/JAP region is JTAG there is no other way and probably will never be another way. so if your brother wants to play No more heroes tell him to either A. play them on the wii, B. Buy a JAp console, C. Buy a JTAG

6. John Sfakis

Newcomer John Sfakis Newbie

United States
    Need to wait until the x360key comes out!