Hacking Question about R4iGold

Domain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've gathered there are two versions of it, so I'll say my version is the one from r4igold.cn, and no, I did not intend to buy this. (inb4)

But either way, since I'm a cheapskate and don't really want to buy a new card, are there ways to salvage the firmware on this thing? I've managed to get TTMenu working on it, but so far attempts to get YSMenu have failed - I've also seen the Wood R4 thread and am watching it with interest, but I've been unable to get it to load on my cart.

I'm possibly doing something wrong, so the crux of my question is if anyone knows whether this card is compatible with new firmware at all.

I'm not sure which files need to be on it and which don't need to be. I do know it won't load when a _DS_MENU.DAT is the only file in root along with a corresponding map. It seems to require an r4i.dat file, which automatically tries to launch either Moonshell or, through the thread I found somewhere a while ago, it now automatically loads TTMenu.

Thanks.

Domain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I see. Thanks for your response. I guess I'll have to wait for a kind soul to convert Wood then, or more TTMenu updates.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end