Hacking Question about PSTV Blacklisted Games

brigcaster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
So I know that some blacklisted games on PSTV are actually impossible to complete ( i.e. Golden Abyss requires special input methods on certain parts). My question is:

Which other games are rightfully blacklisted on PSTV?

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no such thing as "rightfully blacklisted" games, Killzone Mercenary has touch controls that need 2 fingers at the time to perform stealth executions, to make it "PS TV compatible" the devs simply released a small update patch that uses the analog sticks to perform those actions and then Sony whitelisted the game.

Sony could have done something similar on the Uncharted game, the special camera inputs are just a couple of mimicky minigames totally tucked-in and completely unncessary, they could have released an update that simply skips these minigames altogether if playing in a PS TV.

Games blacklisted on PS TV arent really compatibility issues as Sony always tried to make it look like.

Reactions: brigcaster

brigcaster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Yeah I know about that, but for instance Metal Gear Solid HD Collection is also blacklisted and as far as I know it doesn't need any fix via a small patch. I guess another interesting question will be if it possible to make unoficial patches for those games with the game dumper being available online :unsure:

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you think about it, why was Killzone Mercenary updated and Uncharted not? Both first party games owned by Sony...

Well Uncharted was a launch game that Sony was not profiting from anymore while everyone was still talking about and buying Killzone.

MGS is not owned by Sony so it was probably a license issue and they didn't try to reach out konami.

But regarding your questions yeah, since games are decrypted, we can run unsigned code and mod games we could totally make a permanent patch, we just need someone to figure it out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs