Gaming question about playing pal games on my wii

kaitlin459

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello i soft modded my wii with wiimod my question is if i buy a pal game from say amazon or ebay can i run pal games on my ntsc usa wii or do i need to region mod it sorry if this topic is not allowed

Gabelvampir

Free Mars!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can play PAL games on a NTSC Wii with softmods, but depending on the game you will need a TV that understands PAL signals. Some PAL games (like Pikmin 2) don't have NTSC video data and can only be played in PAL 50 or 60 Hz mode.

Gabelvampir

Free Mars!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oh by the way, the only thing that should happen if your TV does not work with PAL is the picture being black and white. At least it was for me playing a NTSC game on a PAL TV.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh by the way, the only thing that should happen if your TV does not work with PAL is the picture being black and white. At least it was for me playing a NTSC game on a PAL TV.
I had the same issue when I played a PAL game on an old CRT NTSC TV through composite. When I play on my HDTV through component, all is good.

kumpandjill

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don't be too afraid of the tv compatibility. i've never ran into it and i've played dozens of pal games over the years.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @AncientBoi my condolences to both of you +2