Hacking Question about Oot3Dhax for 11.6 and an older 3DS FW for Homebrew Purposes

tofutofuu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Hi guys. I'm a complete newbie when it comes to hacking and I need sole hand holding. So basically I want to install a rom hack/patch (an fE Fates patch to be specific) but to do that I need to be able to access Homebrew. My O3DS is unfortunately updated to 11.6 so I can't use the easier methods of soundhax or browserhax.

I've read around and foind out that OoT3dhax still works on 11.6 so I went ahead and bought a used copy. I learned that I need a 3ds that I can hack and thankfully I have one that's 11.0. How can I transfer the hacked save to my 11.6 3DS and use it as an entrypoiny for homebrew in that system? I don't have a powersave device and I just need to access homebrew in order to apply the rom hack.

I hope this is coherent and thank you guys in advance!

Last edited by tofutofuu,

tofutofuu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Thanks for the quick response. I think I worded it a little weirdly. I meant that I have a 3DS that has 11.0 firmware and I could access homebrew there so I can use oot3dhax. My problem is transferring the save to my 11.6 system so I can use it as an entry point for homebrew there.

I'd rather not purchase any additional stuff. :( And finding DSIware games is nigh impossible in my country.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the quick response. I think I worded it a little weirdly. I meant that I have a 3DS that has 11.0 firmware and I could access homebrew there so I can use oot3dhax. My problem is transferring the save to my 11.6 system so I can use it as an entry point for homebrew there.

I'd rather not purchase any additional stuff. :( And finding DSIware games is nigh impossible in my country.
Are you simply staring at those 4 games. or the whole long list of games compatable with dsiware transfer?

Reactions: Quantumcat

tofutofuu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Yeah I thought those were the only 4 games usable. But is there no way to have the oot3dhax work (as a free method) for homebrew access on the 11.6 if I transfer the hacked save from the 11.0? I really just need homebrew access and not cfw. :( Thabks again.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
You should be able to use the OoThax installer in homebrew on the 11.0 console. But if you are willing to spend $30 on OoT why would you not want to spend $2 to get CFW? CFW gives you easy 100% access to homebrew for one thing and then there's all the other benefits. Using plain homebrew is delicate (many things will just inexplicably not work, difficult to troubleshoot) and many things you might read about are closed off to you. Can you return the copy of OoT you got and just install CFW? It's pretty easy, and most people here are familiar with it so can help, unlike installing OoThax and getting it to work, you wouldn't get a huge amount of help with that.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)