question about NPC pikmin 2, little king's story, punch-out, and e

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by wiimanizer, May 20, 2009.

1. wiimanizer
    OP

Member wiimanizer GBAtemp Fan

United States
    well, first off a couple questions:
    1] do all 4 of these work under forcing ntsc and which ones?
    2] does punch-out play very similarly to wii sports' boxing portion?
    -get back at me! [​IMG] -

ps: my bad, that "e" got cut off which was supposed to be "ea sports active"

2. wiimanizer
    OP

United States
    please, someone?

3. TroyTheZombie

Member TroyTheZombie GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    To my knowledge, Punchout pal will not work with an NTSC console, whether it be patched or forced.

4. bugaveli

Banned bugaveli Banned

United States
    No Punchout wii PAL works fine forced i played it already the others i dont know BUT PUNCHOUT DOES FORCE FINE!

5. TroyTheZombie

Member TroyTheZombie GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    lol, I stand corrected.

I do question why he's grabbing pal versions when he could very easily get NTSC versions though (Except pikmin 2 of course, lol.).

6. imapterodactyl

Member imapterodactyl GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Punch Out!! Pal works just fine forced to NTSC via USB Loader GX for sure. I haven't tried via disc based backup launcher, and I've read in multiple places that it does NOT work via Ultimate USB Loader, but I've been playing it via GX w/ forced NTSC for hours... on multiple tvs, both hdtv and regular crt. It's got the NTSC code built in, so it plays exactly like the US release.

Little King's Story is a bitch and only runs in 576i, so if you don't have HD, you're screwed. You're also screwed if you have an incomatible HDTV, like I do. Even if you have a compatible tv, it may still be jerky and just generally look lousy, depending on the quality of the chip in the tv. Fortunately, it's coming out in the US in like 3 weeks. I've preordered it, as it's fun as hell based on the little I've played on my brother's tv... it's still jerkier than it should be, but it's fun as hell.

Pikmin 2: I don't know for sure, but I believe there's no NTSC code on the disc, so as such, you need HD to run it. Works on my tv though, as it's not stuck in 576i, which my tv hates.

e: What the hell is e?

Finally, no, Punch Out!! plays nothing like Wii Sports Boxing. It's an amazing game, and you're doing yourself a disservice by not buying it, but it plays nothing like Wii Sports Boxing. The only motion sensing for the nunchuk/wiimote is a simple forward thrust, which registers a left/right punch. You can also play with the Wiimote turned sideways, with 1 and 2 for punching. For a preview on how it will play, just play the original Punch Out for NES. I downloaded the ISO, and then promptly made my way to my local indy game store to buy it. It's fun as hell, via both control methods. While Wii Sports Boxing is fun, it's also sloppy, and doesn't register every punch correctly, while Punch Out is spot on. It also uses most of the same characters from the original, so you can actually use the NES game for practice [​IMG]

7. imapterodactyl

Member imapterodactyl GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Little King's Story isn't released in the US for about 3 more weeks, and the Punch Out!! iso was only available in PAL yesterday. The NTSC release just popped online today. As for e, I still don't know what it is, so I can't say. [​IMG]

Also, once again, Little King's Story and Punch Out!! both deserve your money, and should be purchased as soon as you have the available cash. These types of games deserve support, so that more will be made. Otherwise, gaming will become very stale indeed. Yay for M rated FPS games (yeah yeah I know, not really a Wii problem) and minigame collections... there aren't nearly enough of those yet. [​IMG]

8. bugaveli

Banned bugaveli Banned

United States
    punch out pal was released before ntsc was, thats the only reason i get pal games, plus ive been waiting for punch out since it was announced. Im with imapteradactyl what th ehell is E, other than my 4th favorite party favor. Punch out is a blast. classic chars and a few new ones, I cant wait to get to special circuit, im stuck on bald bull at the moment. He doesnt hop anymore lol

Of all the games i have tried these dont work pal forced to ntsc
    Crash of the titans Pal
    Who wants to be a millionaire Pal
    Big Brain academy Wii Degree Pal
    Simpsons game Pal

other than that most other games work fine.

9. Fedex14

Member Fedex14 GBAtemp Regular

Argentina
    Hi, tried PAL punch out on ntsc wii, with usb loader GX, forcing NTSC everything ok.

The gameplay is different, to dodge you use the control stick, as well as to throw high punches. You can also enable extra jabs with Z and B i think.

10. wiimanizer
    OP

United States
    on my first post, i said that the "e" was supposed to be EA Sports Active, which got cut off in the title! =p

11. bugaveli

Banned bugaveli Banned

United States
    i just got done playing ea sports active PAl on ntsc [​IMG] I promise you most are going to work, but few wont

12. ocdetective

Member ocdetective GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Malaysia
    Would just like to state that this is probably correct - I just get a green screen after loading Pikmin 2 via GUI FX loader - I have a 3+ year old plasma with no HD. Punch Out (also a Pal disc on my 3.2U system) plays fine however and is truly an awesome and fun game.

13. wiimanizer
    OP

United States
    so, does pikmin 2 and little kings story work forcing ntsc on 0.3g?
    and does BB Bash party ntsc work fine on .3g as well?

14. bugaveli

Banned bugaveli Banned

United States
    just tried boomblox bash party and yes it forces to ntsc fine