Hacking Question About Nintendo DSi and AceKard 2i

Lakerfanalways

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't sure if this was the right place to put this thread so I am putting it here, if this is the wrong place I apologize

Hi everyone..just a few quick questions. I already have a DS Lite but I want to upgrade to the new DSi..I am thinking about getting the Mario holiday bundle when it comes out next week. I have read that these DSi's come with firmware 1.4..if I get one that has 1.4 and I get the AceKard 2i, can I run my games or will it not work(I know, a newbie question just want to be sure, I have been told different things) I dont want to purchase a new DSi just to find out the games wont work..Also, I went to this site to see the AceKard 2i and I see two choices
http://www.realhotstuff.com/acekard-free-shipping-p-321.html
and
http://www.realhotstuff.com/acekard-support-p-319.html
What's the difference between the two..they both look the same to me
I also have a few MicroSd cards with games on it already, can I just put those SD cards into the 2i and continue to play the games? The DSI comes with 1000 points for DSi games, can I still use that even with the AceKard?
Thanks so much and again Im sorry if these questions have already been asked by others, just wanted to find out in one thread what I have to do

Jacinto009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check their website or google "Acekard 2i on 1.4". That should show what your looking for.

To save you the trouble, I found this. You might need a DSi on a version lower than 1.4 or a DS Lite.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=174529
Why don't you get the Supercard DSTwo whan it comes out? It's DSi compatible and plays GBA games! Then again, you probably don't wanna wait. The iPlayer can play GBA games, But doesn't run NDS ROMs. You have to download the GBA emulator and it does work on the DSi. The iPlayer also plays many different media files that Moonshell can't play. I don't know if the iplayer has a 1.4 fix though. Anyways, you can borrow a friends DS and update the Acekard there.

Lakerfanalways

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jacinto009 said:
Check their website or google "Acekard 2i on 1.4". That should show what your looking for.

To save you the trouble, I found this. You might need a DSi on a version lower than 1.4 or a DS Lite.
[url=http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=174529]http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=174529[/url]
Why don't you get the Supercard DSTwo whan it comes out? It's DSi compatible and plays GBA games! Then again, you probably don't wanna wait. The iPlayer can play GBA games, But doesn't run NDS ROMs. You have to download the GBA emulator and it does work on the DSi. The iPlayer also plays many different media files that Moonshell can't play. I don't know if the iplayer has a 1.4 fix though. Anyways, you can borrow a friends DS and update the Acekard there.

Yeah I already downloaded the AceKzrd 2i firmware fix..but my question is, lets say the DSi I got already has firmware 1.4..can I still use the AceKard 2i(With whatever fix necessary) or will it not work..I dont want to go buy a DSi just to find out I wont be able to use it with any flash card..I am used to the AceKard so that is what I want to stick with..but on reelhotstuff.com they have two versions of the AceKard 2i so I dont know which one I have to get

Posts merged

QUOTE(FEFL @ Dec 3 2009, 04:03 PM) The carts from realhotstuff are exactly the same. The first of them has free USPS first-class shipping though.

I agree with Jacinto; wait for the SuperCard DSTwo. Well, unless you have the money for both and can't wait.

Oh so they are both the same..Ok good that is all I needed to know..I am used to the AceKard so that is why I wanna stick with that..Also, I was planning on buying the DSi holiday bundle, the one with mario..lets say that one comes with the firmware 1.4..can I still use it..just want to be sure I can

Hatsu

Someone's been killing, eh?
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lakerfanalways said:
Yeah I already downloaded the AceKzrd 2i firmware fix..but my question is, lets say the DSi I got already has firmware 1.4..can I still use the AceKard 2i(With whatever fix necessary) or will it not work..I dont want to go buy a DSi just to find out I wont be able to use it with any flash card..I am used to the AceKard so that is what I want to stick with..but on reelhotstuff.com they have two versions of the AceKard 2i so I dont know which one I have to get

Just use a DS Lite with the fix.

Lakerfanalways

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hatsu said:
Lakerfanalways said:

Just use a DS Lite with the fix.

so I take the DS Lite and use that to fix the firmware for the DSi..Im not understanding

Jacinto009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are to separate firmwares. The DSi one, and the Acekard2i one. The DSi may come with the 1.4 update, so you won't be able to fix the Acekard2i firmware on the DSi because of the anti piracy crap. The DSi won't read it unless the Acekard has the firmware fix. However, the Acekard2i can be read on the DS lite, so you can upgrade the Acekard2i with the firmware fix. After you have done that, you should be able to play it on the DSi.

Lakerfanalways

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jacinto009 said:
There are to separate firmwares. The DSi one, and the Acekard2i one. The DSi may come with the 1.4 update, so you won't be able to fix the Acekard2i firmware on the DSi because of the anti piracy crap. The DSi won't read it unless the Acekard has the firmware fix. However, the Acekard2i can be read on the DS lite, so you can upgrade the Acekard2i with the firmware fix. After you have done that, you should be able to play it on the DSi.

The Acekard 2i that I just purchased has the update 1.4 fix on it..so when I get my DSi, do I just have to put in the microSD card that already has my AKAIo 1.5 and I am good to go..I dont have to do anything else?

anaxs

got milk, got candy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
well, if the dsi comes in v1.4 u dont have to worry since you just have to downlaod the 1.4 update file for ak and put it in your msd
then put the card in your ds lite and run the update file
after thats all done your card should work on the 1.4 dsi and your all set.
if the dsi issnt 1.4 then you can run the update on your 1.3 dsi an your all good.

the 2 ak's you see on realhotstuff and exactly the same, pickup any one of them.

Lakerfanalways

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anaxs said:
well, if the dsi comes in v1.4 u dont have to worry since you just have to downlaod the 1.4 update file for ak and put it in your msd
then put the card in your ds lite and run the update file
after thats all done your card should work on the 1.4 dsi and your all set.
if the dsi issnt 1.4 then you can run the update on your 1.3 dsi an your all good.

the 2 ak's you see on realhotstuff and exactly the same, pickup any one of them.

thanks for the info..so since the acekard from reelhotstuff.com already has the update fix for 1.4 do I still have to do anything or am I good to go

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol