Gaming Question about my Windows 8 Score!

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wanted to know if I should switch back to the 32bit version of Windows 8? I'm using Enterprise 64bit at the moment because it seems to be easier to get a hold of at the moment than the Professional version (mumbles under breath, damn leechers seriously!) it runs fine when I had Windows 7 and did the text it said that my Laptop was 64bit compatible so than why the hell did Dell send me a laptop with a 32bit version of Vista in it instead of a 64bit version? Here's a pick of my Windows 8 Enterprise score for those who want to see it for better reference!

2we9cud.jpg

I hope it helps I think my WIndows 7 Premium score was 5.9 and It was a 32bit OS if that helps to!

Any advice would be great and thank you as always :)

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So your saying my laptop is more than capable to handle 64bit with little no effort than right? but I don't really need 64bit and should just stick with the 32bit OS, So will the 32bit run faster on my laptop than the 64bit? if so I'll just go get Windows 8 Professional 32bit than and drop enterprise 64bit!

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well either my burn for Enterprise 64bit was shit or something else happen because I see a huge difference on my laptop with the Professional 32bit version compared to the Enterprise edition :)

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I do my Laptop is running super fast and so smooth, its been sometime since its run like this since i bought it! I know that like with all electronics there's bound to be the usual ware and tear but man I keep finding things to like about W8 over the past Windows OS's!

So here's my Windows 8 Professional score and I'm running 32bit now :)

nvej5l.jpg

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Its possible it scores differently for 64-bit and 32-bit systems. Having 1791mb of graphics memory available on a 32-bit being considered slightly better than the same on a 64-bit computer. Or maybe the nVidia Drivers aren't considered as well optimised.
Either way: This score means next to nothing. Your computer will perform the exact same on 64-bit. Choose 64-bit.

Reactions: 1 person

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'm not sure I agree fully as it seems to be running a heck of a lot faster and smoother with 32bit can some one tell me what the perks are of running 64bit compared to 32bit I know most programs are made to run on 32bit compared to 64bit. why is that?

Right now as mentioned above I am using the Pro version of Windows 8 32bit. And yes I always use both my Nvidia Graphic Drivers and my Drivers for the Laptop, than again ever since Windows 7 I haven't had to touch my Drivers disc :P

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have any 16bit utilities you rely on or anything, stay away from 64bit, otherwise, whatever.

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
16bit utilities? like...

I am a gamer/site designer/photoshoper I use Dreamweaver/Photoshop and play games like Mass Effect and use lots of Emulation like Desmume to give you all a better idea :)

aireca

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
64bit is the better, if you really need old soft/games that are 16bit then use a virtual machine like vmware, vbox, xpmode, etc.
I totally dubt you will ever need 16 bit soft wich is only from Windows 95, but if really, i gave you the solution.

Is not about the ram only, if you get 64 bit software it will run much faster,
like winrar x64 runs much more faster than 32bit because uses the entire processor & hdd bandwidth properly.
You can use any 32bit software on x64. So there is practically no disadvantage.

Most emulators have x64 version already (desmume, dolphin, to name something)

Don't compare win7 score vs win8 score because probably it has been updated to the latest processors.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
In general 64-bit software is not actually much faster than 32-bit software (if faster at all).

64-bit software, however, can overcome some old per-program resource limitations and so not have to use workarounds. This is only visible with certain cases (such as compression, mentioned above), those cases being ones where the workarounds are also slowdowns.

And yes, the windows scores are updated periodically to reflect the latest hardware, didn't realize you were comparison across OSes and not 32/64 of the same OS...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1