Question about moderating team?

blue99

The Original Fake
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sice they are alot of spammers, people makin double topics, and saying stupid things, and we have more than 10000 members. I have one question, could you guys have more moderators? Seriously, alot of members make double topics and post. We need to make gbatemp spam-free and stop people making double topics and posts and saying stupid things!!So plz could we have more moderators?

bajibbles

Ragnafreak
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you know, choosing mods isnt that easy. they have to be on regularly, be fair and have a clean track record. Yes i agree, but choosing mods is a careful thing and one bad mod could be worse that 5 good ones.

X-Gamer

GBATemp RPG Master
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Ben88 got a point. Choosing mods isn't easy and it's not sure if we need even more than we have. Sure, we got some problems right now but I don't think it's calls for more mods. In any case, the admins will decide about it.

No Name Trowa Barton

Namaiki iun-ja naiyo™
Trophies
Website
www.NoNameTrowaBarton.com
XP
Country
United States
if you guys need some help i have some good experence with moding message boards, and see my self as an asset to this board. i know self promotion is a bad thing and probly will knock me out of the choices, but it will at least let you guys know i would be willing to put time and effort into making sure dubble and quad posts are trimed down in a timely manner, and will not abuse my privilage(or heavy burden) as a mod. and if you notice anything i am doing that you find unmod like i will steep down no arguement(but i would like a valid reasion) thanks.

Mega_Mizzle_X

Music and Me...
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
No name thats pretty good but i dont think this topc shuld become a 'Pick me!, Pick me! to a b a mod'
topic because the admin HASNT actually asked for nominations or maybe even seen this topic so how it off till the word comes thro from the top i think

X-Gamer

GBATemp RPG Master
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
And, beside, you also made multiple posts yourself (we all know it's was a accident). No offense but, as Mega Mizzle said, it's isn't about choosing which member should be a new mod. Again, let's leave it to the admins, okay?

KiVan

Hooray! Member n# 1!!!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Italy
the double topic problem is just temporary because our server has some problems with the new php, they will disappera soon
don't worry

xero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Heh, double posting is so common on most of the boards I visit. I guess I'm used to seeing 2, 3, 4 topics of exactly the same thing.

As far as mods go, adding them is a pain, and I know from having to choose some for another board. It's NOT simple, as you gotta weigh every option and check every reference, cause if you mess up, you've got a mod going crazy before you can stop them. And that's never good. The staff here is doing what they can...it's not like we can have a 24/7 watch over these boards...

JeX-

Banned
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
huh.gif
We dont need more Mods.....We have enough of 'em as it is....Sure, people spam, creat double topics and posts.....but what board does'nt? -----All boards have there share of problems....no board is perfect.

Anywayz, this forum is almost monitered 24/7.......some of the mods have time differances, and so when others are not on, some mods may be on, ---because of there locations (and time differances, obvioulsy).

Although, some mods are rarely online, but when they are, they try there best to moniter the board, for as long as there on.............(some mods are just plain crazy.....**points to Thug and Shaunj66**
tongue.gif
)

(oh, and i've got METROID PRIME!----I dunno why i said that, its not the place or time to say it now.....but i just got it yesturday,,, and it ROcKS!!!
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif
)

-T J

X-Gamer

GBATemp RPG Master
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I guess that settled it. In answer to futureone's question, the moderating team is fine as it is and we don't need any change either. As long as we keep being responsible users as dpm14 said, the problems won't last long at all.

Ap0cAl1pS3

GBAtemp d3m0n
Trophies
XP
Country
mostly the double post is not intencionaly,

when i had a 56kpps i used to double post cus the connection was f*cking weird, i only click once on the submit botton like i do nowadays and when ie opens the topic again it shows my 2 post exactly the same
frown.gif

(
ph34r.gif
Ap0cAl1pS3 hides in shame
ph34r.gif
)

there are enough mods in this forum
biggrin.gif
and hurray!!!!!! to them cus they do a wonderfull job keeping this forum "clean"
wink.gif

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
The thing is, alot of people think bein mod is 'cool' or 'fun' but it's not.

It's just a job kinda. I would cruise these boards whether a mod or not.
Since I have been a mod, as I cruise I see stuff.
If it needs moddin i do it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte