Question about moderating team?

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by blue99, Mar 30, 2003.

Mar 30, 2003

Question about moderating team? by blue99 at 5:20 AM (1,329 Views / 0 Likes) 20 replies

1. blue99
    OP

Member blue99 The Original Fake

Canada
    Sice they are alot of spammers, people makin double topics, and saying stupid things, and we have more than 10000 members. I have one question, could you guys have more moderators? Seriously, alot of members make double topics and post. We need to make gbatemp spam-free and stop people making double topics and posts and saying stupid things!!So plz could we have more moderators?

2. bajibbles

Member bajibbles Ragnafreak

Australia
    you know, choosing mods isnt that easy. they have to be on regularly, be fair and have a clean track record. Yes i agree, but choosing mods is a careful thing and one bad mod could be worse that 5 good ones.

3. X-Gamer

Former Staff X-Gamer GBATemp RPG Master

Canada
    Ben88 got a point. Choosing mods isn't easy and it's not sure if we need even more than we have. Sure, we got some problems right now but I don't think it's calls for more mods. In any case, the admins will decide about it.

4. No Name Trowa Barton

Member No Name Trowa Barton Namaiki iun-ja naiyo™

United States
    if you guys need some help i have some good experence with moding message boards, and see my self as an asset to this board. i know self promotion is a bad thing and probly will knock me out of the choices, but it will at least let you guys know i would be willing to put time and effort into making sure dubble and quad posts are trimed down in a timely manner, and will not abuse my privilage(or heavy burden) as a mod. and if you notice anything i am doing that you find unmod like i will steep down no arguement(but i would like a valid reasion) thanks.

5. Mega_Mizzle_X

Member Mega_Mizzle_X Music and Me...

New Zealand
    No name thats pretty good but i dont think this topc shuld become a 'Pick me!, Pick me! to a b a mod'
    topic because the admin HASNT actually asked for nominations or maybe even seen this topic so how it off till the word comes thro from the top i think

6. X-Gamer

Canada
    And, beside, you also made multiple posts yourself (we all know it's was a accident). No offense but, as Mega Mizzle said, it's isn't about choosing which member should be a new mod. Again, let's leave it to the admins, okay?

7. No Name Trowa Barton

United States
    sure thing. i just wish all users could delete there own posts. that way this multipost error thing would go away.

8. KiVan

Former Staff KiVan Hooray! Member n# 1!!!

Italy
    the double topic problem is just temporary because our server has some problems with the new php, they will disappera soon
    don't worry

9. No Name Trowa Barton

United States
    glad to hear some reasureance. sorry about jumping the gun. its just i desire power. and love but mainly power.

10. xero

Member xero GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Heh, double posting is so common on most of the boards I visit. I guess I'm used to seeing 2, 3, 4 topics of exactly the same thing.

As far as mods go, adding them is a pain, and I know from having to choose some for another board. It's NOT simple, as you gotta weigh every option and check every reference, cause if you mess up, you've got a mod going crazy before you can stop them. And that's never good. The staff here is doing what they can...it's not like we can have a 24/7 watch over these boards...

11. No Name Trowa Barton

United States
    "it's not like we can have a 24/7 watch over these boards... "

its called shifts. work it out with your mods and there life schedules, give them time slots.

12. JeX-

Banned JeX- Member

United Kingdom
    [​IMG] We dont need more Mods.....We have enough of 'em as it is....Sure, people spam, creat double topics and posts.....but what board does'nt? -----All boards have there share of problems....no board is perfect.

Anywayz, this forum is almost monitered 24/7.......some of the mods have time differances, and so when others are not on, some mods may be on, ---because of there locations (and time differances, obvioulsy).

Although, some mods are rarely online, but when they are, they try there best to moniter the board, for as long as there on.............(some mods are just plain crazy.....**points to Thug and Shaunj66** [​IMG] )

(oh, and i've got METROID PRIME!----I dunno why i said that, its not the place or time to say it now.....but i just got it yesturday,,, and it ROcKS!!! [​IMG] [​IMG])

-T J

13. shaunj66

Administrator shaunj66 Administrator

United Kingdom
    I think we have plenty of moderators and they all do a good job, this forum doesn't really have major problems with idiotic spammers and 24/7 moderation problems anyway.

14. dice

Former Staff dice pansy-ass ex-staff member

United Kingdom
    I think the mods are doing a great job. No one is perfect.

15. dpm14

Member dpm14 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The users on a board tend to generally be responible and respect a certain deal of netiquette anyway. Except for those 11 year old poke-freaks....

16. X-Gamer

Canada
    I guess that settled it. In answer to futureone's question, the moderating team is fine as it is and we don't need any change either. As long as we keep being responsible users as dpm14 said, the problems won't last long at all.

17. PhaTdrU

Member PhaTdrU GBAtemp's Phattest Member (o_O)

Indonesia
    i know its of topic but... shaunj66, you got a hilarious sig!!

18. phuzzz

Former Staff phuzzz Hooha!

United States
    Any particular reason you revived an almost month old topic just tell shaunj66 you like his sig instead of going to the post where he was showing his sig?

19. Ap0cAl1pS3

Member Ap0cAl1pS3 GBAtemp d3m0n

Portugal
    mostly the double post is not intencionaly,

when i had a 56kpps i used to double post cus the connection was f*cking weird, i only click once on the submit botton like i do nowadays and when ie opens the topic again it shows my 2 post exactly the same [​IMG]

( [​IMG] Ap0cAl1pS3 hides in shame [​IMG] )

there are enough mods in this forum [​IMG] and hurray!!!!!! to them cus they do a wonderfull job keeping this forum "clean" [​IMG]

20. T-hug

Chief Editor T-hug Always like this.

pip
    United Kingdom
    The thing is, alot of people think bein mod is 'cool' or 'fun' but it's not.

It's just a job kinda. I would cruise these boards whether a mod or not.
    Since I have been a mod, as I cruise I see stuff.
    If it needs moddin i do it.